Help! New Macbook Pro doesn't load old instances of Komplete Kontrol

Ryan Audy
Ryan Audy Member Posts: 4 Member
edited October 22 in Komplete Kontrol

I recently bought a new Macbook Pro. I reinstalled all of my NI plugins via Native Access, but the problem I'm having is when I open old Ableton projects, it says the VST2 version of Komplete Kontrol cannot be opened. This means a large majority of my projects are basically ruined for the time being… Under my plugins tabs, sure enough, I can only load new instances of KK as VST3 or AU.

What do??? I'm running the latest version of Sonoma on my new 16" Macbook Pro, on Ableton Live 11.3.25

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!

Update: I've run Ableton in Rosetta, additionally I had to find a .vst file of Komplete Kontrol on a Time Machine backup and drag it over to my laptops VST folder as Native Access seems to only install the newest version of KK as VST3 and AU only.

Weirdly, some of my projects open KK just fine, others show this message..

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,848 mod
    Answer ✓

@Ryan Audy You can find the last VST2 version of Komplete Kontrol here, which is 2.9.6: Komplete Kontrol Legacy Installers for Older Operating Systems

Unfortunately Ableton doesn't support auto migration from VST2 to VST3 so you will have to do it manually.

We would recommend to install this version which has both a vst2 and vst3 version to copy vst2 instruments tracks and settings to the vst3 version. Once you do that you can update Komplete Kontrol to the latest version and you should be good to go.

To open your old projects you'll also need to open Ableton in Rosetta mode: How to Open Your DAW Using Rosetta

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,848 mod
    Answer ✓

@Ryan Audy You can find the last VST2 version of Komplete Kontrol here, which is 2.9.6: Komplete Kontrol Legacy Installers for Older Operating Systems

Unfortunately Ableton doesn't support auto migration from VST2 to VST3 so you will have to do it manually.

We would recommend to install this version which has both a vst2 and vst3 version to copy vst2 instruments tracks and settings to the vst3 version. Once you do that you can update Komplete Kontrol to the latest version and you should be good to go.

To open your old projects you'll also need to open Ableton in Rosetta mode: How to Open Your DAW Using Rosetta

This discussion has been closed.