Hi! Anyone who knows how to program the touchstrip in KK2?

krisindia
krisindia Member Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Trying to fiddle with touchstrip settings in KK s/w. Somehow could not manage to create something? Where can I get the list of cc numbers required for this purpose please?😂

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,595 mod
    Answer ✓

@krisindia You can assign any MIDI CC to the touchstrip, you just have to click on the 5 pin MIDI logo:

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,573 Expert

The touchstrip is so fu$%!n useless on the MK2. It's another example of how good the MK1 keyboard was compared to the MK2. Not sure anyone uses it apart from accidentally triggering it because who places a TS under the mod wheels???

Even the manual has no idea...

Basically the only thing you can do is assign it to your generic CC/PB/Mod functions for use in MIDI mode (not sure it does anything when in NKS mode)

The MK1 had options such as gravity, ping-pong etc so you could actually use it as an LFO which was really cool. I have honestly never used it on the MK2. I have many suggestions on how it could be better utilised (such as a "mirror" control ion NKS for the last encoder you touched to allow TS control over a parameter) but I gave up making suggestions years ago, it's pointless.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@krisindia You can assign any MIDI CC to the touchstrip, you just have to click on the 5 pin MIDI logo:

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

Just noticed that missing reference today too! Argh. Hoping I could figure out how to do something useful with the TS like it works on the M/M+ where it shows pattern position. Or at least make it a Master volume or something.

• Jeremy_NI

Unfortunately you won't be able to have pattern position but you can still assign the touchstrip to a MIDI CC, for example volume (cc7) or expression (cc11) or any of your liking.