Cannot 'Kontakt' support - no confirmation about 'support ticket' (libraries missing in Kontakt)

Options
saarang007
saarang007 Member Posts: 16 Member
edited June 21 in Kontakt

Is anyone else having issue communicating with NI customer support recently? I went to the support page, as mentioned by many in the community and on NI website. I entered my query and asked to connect to customer support.

Got this message - Currently, there is no agent available. We have created a ticket for you and will get back to you as soon as possible via email.

But there is no confirmation about this 'ticket'. It's been more than 24 hrs. now.

How do I know if ticket is raised? Is there no direct email for support?

❓️ Anyways, now that I am here, I will state my issue -

I had to format my system C drive (Windows 10) and after doing so, I installed Native Access. All my libraries were on a separate SSD and Native Access linked those correctly once I entered the relevant location. No issues here.

But the libraries are not visible in Kontakt 7. I checked the community & tried all the solutions (including deleting komplete.db3 file) but nothing seems to work for me. Even tried re-installation of Kontakt 7.

In Kontakt, the libraries are not even present in library manager (File → Options → Libraries dialogue box - image attached) so as a result, they are not visible in Kontakt interface.

What is the working solution?

I do not want to break Native Access link with my libraries…those are correctly showing 'installed' as they should. The only issue is between Kontakt ←→ Native Access communication.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• saarang007
    Answer ✓
    Options

*UPDATE*

The issue is resolved as of now.

Today morning I tried this -

In addition to 'missing libraries', since some libraries were showing as demo mode in Kontakt, I followed this link - https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402377887121-My-Products-Are-Showing-As-DEMO-in-Native-Access and deleted all the files under ras3 folder (in Public Documents) and NativeAccess.xml (the similar workaround that was suggested to me today by NI support over mail).

But after restarting, all libraries started showing as 'install' and did not relocate automatically as per 'Content' folder. So I had to manually relocate all the libraries (since there was no 'relocate all' button) and this did take up my time :(

Then after loading Kontakt (standalone), all the libraries showed up. (Thumbnails of some libraries are missing but I guess that's a different issue and I can find some solution online).

So while this may not seem to be a 'perfect solution', it did fix the issue (as of now).

There are still some libraries that I'll need to download & install again.

I would request everyone at NI to invest more time & resources in Native Access & Kontakt as it does create problems every now & then. It's not stable. It should handle these things smartly and make user experience smooth.

There is also this 'loading products' issue for Native Access app that has not yet been fixed completely. It happens randomly.

Hope all of this is fixed in the upcoming updates.

Thank you.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 10,471 mod
    Options

@saarang007 You should have received an email notification this morning. Can you confirm? Trying to find out what happened and why you didn't get an email yesterday.

So, all libraries show as installed in Native Acces?

Please reset K7's database:

Reinitialize the Kontakt Database

• Click the Windows start button at the bottom left of your screen.
    • Type "%localappdata%" and click the option that appears.
    • Navigate to the Native Instruments folder.
    • Delete the following folder: Kontakt 7
      Start Kontakt in standalone mode (not in your DAW). If Kontakt still crashes, proceed with the next chapter.

• saarang007
    Options

Yes, all libraries are properly showing as 'installed' in Native Access but not visible in Kontakt 7. Like I suggested, the issue seems to be between Kontakt ←→ Native Access communication.

Tried above DB re-initialize but didn't work. Same issue.

I got the mail from support yesterday. Tried that solution as well (deleting Native Access.xml file) but it didn't work.

Attached the 'Soundwide_Support_Info' in mail after generating the report.

So awaiting further investigation and solution from NI. Hope this resolves soon.

Is there any similar case before? Like, someone must have formatted their system at one point and maybe faced similar issue?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

If all of the above didn't work, please get back to my colleagues.

• saarang007
    Options

Yup, I have already replied on mail 2 days ago.

Hope this issue resolves soon because it's been almost one week now :(

• saarang007
    Answer ✓
    Options

*UPDATE*

The issue is resolved as of now.

Today morning I tried this -

In addition to 'missing libraries', since some libraries were showing as demo mode in Kontakt, I followed this link - https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402377887121-My-Products-Are-Showing-As-DEMO-in-Native-Access and deleted all the files under ras3 folder (in Public Documents) and NativeAccess.xml (the similar workaround that was suggested to me today by NI support over mail).

But after restarting, all libraries started showing as 'install' and did not relocate automatically as per 'Content' folder. So I had to manually relocate all the libraries (since there was no 'relocate all' button) and this did take up my time :(

Then after loading Kontakt (standalone), all the libraries showed up. (Thumbnails of some libraries are missing but I guess that's a different issue and I can find some solution online).

So while this may not seem to be a 'perfect solution', it did fix the issue (as of now).

There are still some libraries that I'll need to download & install again.

I would request everyone at NI to invest more time & resources in Native Access & Kontakt as it does create problems every now & then. It's not stable. It should handle these things smartly and make user experience smooth.

There is also this 'loading products' issue for Native Access app that has not yet been fixed completely. It happens randomly.

Hope all of this is fixed in the upcoming updates.

Thank you.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Thanks for the update. I'm forwarding your comments to the responsible teams. The next Native Access update should get rid of the missing libraries and the loading products issue.

• saarang007
    Options

Just posting an update about 'thumbnails missing' issue in Library view (Rack view has no problems displaying thumbnails).

I just found that if the names of the libraries at this path - C:\Users\Public\Documents\NI Resources\image

are different from those listed in Kontakt, then the thumbnails will go missing…no matter how many times db / cache is refreshed, it will not work.

Attaching sample for 'session percussionist'.

So the only fix is renaming folders in \image to match those with listed in Kontakt libraries.

For example, after I appended 'library' in \image so it says 'session percussionist library' then only the thumbnail appeared in Library view.

I have also replied on mail to track this issue for future updates / developments. Hope this helps!