Session Horns separate instruments setup

jshep0102
jshep0102 Member Posts: 17 Member
edited May 2022 in Kontakt

I wish to use Session horns as 4 separate instruments playing on 4 separate midi channels.

Most all the notes in any section seem devoted to trumpet. I want to create my own melody and chord parts for 2 trumpets playing together and separately, tenor sax, and trombone.

How Do I get gain access to 1 instrument at a time with it's full range, since everything seems to be a 'section'?

I hope this makes sense. This doesn't work like how i thought it would as sections don't just play the same thing together all the time. Thanks much!

Best Answer

• jshep0102
    Answer ✓

Ok, I solved it in edit. Turn all levels off but the one you want. Save as a new instrument. But, It's not mono, so I have to play it, render it, and convert to mono for placement. yes, I am a control freak. So, this for what it's worth would have been so much smarter in Kontakt to create separate instruments. I mean, they bothered to break it down to 2, why not 1? Oh well. I'm back to work!

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

You cannot access one instrument at a time in Session Horns...for that you would need Session Horns Pro...search YouTube for vids, there is a Solo instrument NKI that you would load 4 times in a single instance of Kontakt then select the individual instrument for each.

• jshep0102
    Answer ✓

Ok, I solved it in edit. Turn all levels off but the one you want. Save as a new instrument. But, It's not mono, so I have to play it, render it, and convert to mono for placement. yes, I am a control freak. So, this for what it's worth would have been so much smarter in Kontakt to create separate instruments. I mean, they bothered to break it down to 2, why not 1? Oh well. I'm back to work!

• jshep0102

Hi Blindeddie, Yes you can access each in edit.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Ther are quite a few things that can be accomplished in edit mode, but not knowing your level of "comfortability" in editing instruments, I did not delve into that. Glad you were able to accomplish your goal without having to upgrade to Pro!