HOW DO I get velocity key switches working

Options
Johnny-D
Johnny-D Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited May 2 in Kontakt

Hi,

I'm trying to make realistic-sounding trumpets for a project. I know one way to do that is keyswitches to change articulation, but the keyswitches in Session Horns - Keyswitches aren't showing up. Meaning all the blue keys are there, but not the red ones at the left end. Could someone please tell me what I'm missing?

Also, to I absolutely HAVE to be in Session Horns - Keyswitches, or is there a way to do keyswitches in the solo trumpet preset?

And gow do get VELOCITY keyswitches working?

Thanks in advance for the help. And here's a picture of what I'm looking at, currently.

Best Answer

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 525 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well thanks to Google search I found out what's going on.

What has been completely left out of the instruction manual is the keyswitches are all located one octave below the 88 key keyboard. Just press the down octave until they appear.

That might have been something worth mentioning in the manual. I guess that's what they meant by designating them C-1 and so forth, but that's not very intuitive.

Answers

• Johnny-D
    Johnny-D Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Okay, no option to edit or remove my post… weird.

Meant to say "HOW DO I get velocity keyswitches working"

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,287 mod
    Options

No , there is no user ability to delete posts here. But the ability to edit posts is earned by participation. I edited the headline for you.

• DunedinDragon
    Options

Well I can't get them to work from the keyboard either and the manual is no help as it just plays the note. This looks like something is missing in the manual.

• DunedinDragon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well thanks to Google search I found out what's going on.

What has been completely left out of the instruction manual is the keyswitches are all located one octave below the 88 key keyboard. Just press the down octave until they appear.

That might have been something worth mentioning in the manual. I guess that's what they meant by designating them C-1 and so forth, but that's not very intuitive.