Komplete Kontrol krashing my DAW

Options
Ugurcan
Ugurcan Member Posts: 4 Member

Hey there,

Running Komplete Kontrol is crashing my DAW.

Around a minute after I load a project with a KK instrument inside, Reaper's UI freezes first, then go unresponsive. Although I can still hear sounds and use MIDI input, no recovery happens.

When I check the process, I see it's blocked on Network I/O. Then I check the Network usage, I see Reaper trying to access 3 local ports (7865/5563/5146), which are being listened by NTKDaemon.

One particular library that hangs is Spitfire Audio/Albion Solstice / The Callers / Main Techniques. Switching between articulations definitely propagates the crash.

Things I tried to have a fix:

• Reinstalling, clean reinstalling Hardware Connection Service and Komplete Kontrol
  • Plugging off my S49MK3 keyboard
  • Disabling all DAW extensions like DrivenByMoss
  • Restarts after each change

Any leads from here?

Windows 11 10.0.22631 / Komplete Kontrol S49 MK3 / Reaper 7.15

Comments

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 636 Pro
    Options

Responses might be few and far between…what we might need is a Reaper/DAW extensions person to come here.

I'm no such expert, but maybe it will help if you tell us about your hardware:

• CPU
    • GPU
    • How much memory
    • Power supply wattage
    • Audio and MIDI interfaces, and how they are hooked up
    • If it's a laptop, tell us make and model, and include the above if appropriate.

Maybe that will get something going for you.

• blitze
    blitze Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Get the same issue with KK 3.2.1 with M32, Reaper on Windows 11

I rolled back to KK 2.9 as I believe it is a UI Scaling issue in the new KK. If you when adding FX to the track (to load up KK vsti) right click on KK and select "run as" and choose anything other than Automatic, it seems to run it stable.

There is that and removing KK browser loop/sample drop to track in Reaper which makes life a little inconvenient.