Kontakt Crossgrade same sale price as full version? Possible new tier (Kontakt Player Pro)?
I'm not sure if it was intentional, but the full version and the crossgrade for Kontakt are both discounted to the same price of $199. Should both be 50% off of their regular price?
Also, I was wondering about the possibility of an additional tier for Kontakt. I feel like $399 (and even the sale price of $199) can be a steep price for someone who merely wants access to use libraries not licensed for Kontakt Player.
I feel like Kontakt Full can be further distinguished from other versions, having more of a focus on being a powerful sampler for editing and creating libraries. It seems unnecessary for users who are just looking to play libraries to pay the same cost as those who are looking to use Kontakt as a sampler for creating libraries.
So perhaps something like this?
- Kontakt player (free). Just like it is now—works with libraries licensed for Kontakt Player
- Kontakt Player Pro (maybe $99 full price? Sale price around $49?). Ability to use any library, but you can't sample, edit or create libraries.
- Kontakt Full ($399 full price. Sale price at $199). Just like it is now—ability to use any library and to edit/create sample libraries.
What do you think? I know many people who continue to use Kontakt Player and are unwilling to upgrade to the full version of Kontakt just for the ability to use other libraries. I think an additional tier would be more enticing for these users. I'm one of them :)
- All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 752 Hangout
- 73 NI News
- 355 Tech Talks
- 1.6K Native Access
- 7.2K Komplete
- 938 Komplete General
- 1.7K Komplete Kontrol
- 2.7K Kontakt
- 660 Reaktor
- 229 Battery 4
- 399 Guitar Rig & FX
- 264 Massive X & Synths
- 392 Other Software & Hardware
- 3.1K Maschine
- 23 Sampling Room
- 3.8K Traktor
- 3.5K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators