Kontakt 7 instruments all playing at the same time

Options
Dennis82
Dennis82 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello everyone.

I know other people have already asked this, but none the answers have been helpful in my case, and it's driving me a bit bananas. Granted, I'm not too great with technical things, but I was totally fine with Kontakt 5.

I'm able to load different instruments into Kontakt 7, but when I'm playing on my keyboard via Cubase, all loaded instruments are playing at the same time. I've read stuff about OMNI and changing something in a "group menu", but my instruments don't have a "group" menu. I've attached an image, if anyone could point out where and what I'm supposed to click, that would be very helpful. Thank you.

p.s. maybe my computer is old, but Kontakt 7 takes longer to load than Kontakt 5. True for you?

Tagged:

Answers

• MorrisEd
    MorrisEd Member Posts: 73 Helper
    Options

Change each midi channel to a specific number for each instrument (1-16). Click where it says omni and the available channels will display. You will then need to make sure your controller is transmitting on the appropriate channel as well because likely set up for omni too (which means transmit/receive over all channels simultaneously). Refer to your controller instructions on how to change….unless your controller is NI’s new Kontrol MK3, which will not work because they took away midi channel control because “reasons.”

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,169 mod
    Options

unless your controller is NI’s new Kontrol MK3, which will not work because they took away midi channel control because “reasons.”

Albeit both post launch and delayed then the Kontrol S-Series Mk3 will feature both MIDI templates and Play Assist. Originally scheduled for Beta in March and release later lather following that then the release has not yet happened (possibly because the new keyboards does not only support Midi 1.0 but also Midi 2.0). However I am sure that N.I. is going to deliver on their promise on that since the Kontrol S-Series Mk3 are smart midi controllers !