Switch from Kontrol MK1 to MK3 made my templates and projects useless in Cubase

Options
Patrick Schouten
Patrick Schouten Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I am running Cubase 13 pro and have used for many years the Kontrol S88 MK1 with a lot of pleasure. I Switched this week to the Kontrol S88 MK3 and I am in deep s**t.
I use a self created Cubase template with more than 1500 instruments. More than 80% of those instruments are loaded via Komplete Kontrol. To keep the template workable, all instruments are disabled.
After changing the settings in Cubase acording to the instructions, I noticed that when I enable an instrument track, Komplete Kontrol is loaded but the instrument itself is not loaded within Komplet Kontrol at all. In some cases I will load an instrument but the screen on my keyboard is not updated.

I never had this kind of problems with the MK1 version. So I hope I just did something wrong or missed a setting. Because this issue is also effecting my running projects.

Comments

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,032 mod
    Options

@Matthew_NI , you are the one with the deep insight here ! What do you think ?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,806 mod
    Options

Were these plugins or Kontakt instruments?

If they were plugins were they VST2 or VST3 and what is your OS?

• Patrick Schouten
    Options

Thanks for your reactions.

The plugins were mostly from Komplete 14 Ultimate and some third party with NKS files (Arturia, Spectrasonics…).
    Running on a Windows 10 system within Cubase 13 Pro. The plugins are running in Komplete Kontrol and working fine for Komplete Kontrol 2.9 with my S88 MK1 keyboard.
    Now I installed the S88 KM3 and updates Komplete Kontrol software tot version 3 and also updates the firmware of the keyboard. And now the template is not working anymore.
    I mentioned before that some plugins are working… I now can say that these are plugins that don't use Komplete Kontrol to run within Cubase.

I also noticed that projects where I use the Dolby Atmos plugins are not working, but must investigate further on that one.

• Patrick Schouten
    Options

So I am rebuilding my template. Every instrument with an empty Komplete Kontrol I will load the correct instrument. Working on drum and percussion instruments, I notice that all the instruments of the East Asia sounds are correctly loaded when enabling the track. Why are those correctly loading and the rest is empty?