Kontrol S61 Mk3 Keybed trigger distance feels too deep, firmware update?

Options
Fonke
Fonke Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello! I bought a brand new S61 mk3 to substitute my mk2, and I realized that the new fatar keybed springs feel heavier to push in comparison.

Because of this, sometimes it feels harder to push the key down until it is activated , and it makes that sometimes the keys don't trigger, curiously, I've seen a couple of people in the NI community and in youtube comments talking about the same issue, that they feel that they have to push too deep to activate the keys, that the action feels a bit strange.

I am a light-touch piano player indeed, but I have no problems playing any hammered piano or sytnh allways touching keybed.

Appart from that, I figured out that the keys trigger more or less with a 8 mm deepness, but after that, you can lift gently the keys until 3/2 mm deep and they are still activated, so it needs more force for to activating them than for mantaining them. And also makes me think that the keys could be triggered with a less deep push.

I am sure that my unit is perfectly working, that it is just how the new keys work.

As it seems that there are several people facing this problem, I wanted to point it out and also ask to NI if would it be possible to change the trigger action distance via a firmware update, making it customizable like in Maschine, that you can change the pad sensitivity appart from the velocity curve.

I think that it would be a good idea as the key is already incredible :).