KK extremely laggy after last update to 3.2.1

Options
rogerbenet
rogerbenet Member Posts: 35 Member
edited April 23 in Komplete Kontrol

After the last update 3.2.1, the KK on Logic, became extremely laggy. Simple things like turn the plugin knobs or drag the plugin window, became extremely lagging

Comments

• FelixP
    FelixP Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Which MacOS and Logic version are you using?

Does this happen with all plugins or just a group? If the later, could you name please one.

• rogerbenet
    Options

Ventura. Only happens on Komplete control

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,016 Guru
    Options
  • BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 613 Pro
    Options

Dear OP:

First off, you didn't fully answer @FelixP's question above…you left out the version of Logic.

And we'll need to know your answer to @Vocalpoint's question above…do you have a MK3 keyboard or not.

Also, please describe what you mean by "laggy". This could mean ANYTHING without further details from you.

For example, is there a lag from when you play a note and then hear that note?

Or is there a lag from when you turn one of the rotaries (say, to change an effect or filter) and hear that rotary's impact to the sound?

Or is it during browsing when you press a button or turn a rotary to scroll the lists?

If the last one is true, does the lag also happen when you use the mouse to interface with KK on the computer screen?

• rogerbenet
    Options

I use the S88 MK II

Last Logic version and Ventura MAC OS

The lag occurs when I turn the knobs on the software, with the controller or mouse, and it’s extremely slow response. The lag occurs on the entirely plugin operation. This problem occurs even in the controller itself and the screen plugin.

• Vocalpoint
    edited April 30
    Options

@rogerbenet

"I use the S88 MK II"

There is no specific need to use Komplete Kontrol 3 with a MKII series keyboard.

Supported? Yes. Required - No. Recommended? The jury is still out.

To address this issue - you might consider using KK v2.9.6 (which I use here with my S61 MKII) - as it is much more feature complete and mature compared with KK3 - which (in my opinion) still has plenty of rough edges.

VP

• rogerbenet
    Options

The 2.9.6v is that “older” design version?

Because the last version that I was using (and working fine, but I can’t remember the exact x.x.x V), was the one with that modern design

• Vocalpoint
    edited April 30
    Options

Correct. Older - yes. But for me anyway - the only way to fly with a MKII (right now anyway).

KK 3 will get there but its NI's focus here is really making sure the MKIII users get what they need with their new hardware right now.

Can't imagine they will be too worried about us MKII users right now.

VP