How to map dynamics to mod wheel in all Kontakt 7 Factory Library 2 instruments?

Options
drahcirj
drahcirj Member Posts: 9 Member

Hi, I noticed in the Factory Library 2 instruments sometimes the mod wheel maps to dynamics (yay) and sometimes it maps to tremolo or color.

I always want to be able to control dynamics (volume) of sustained melodic instruments. Is there a way to map dynamics in the instruments that don't have it mapped by default please?

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,088 mod
    edited April 14 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

very easy, you open the rack view, click on "KSP" now add a transformer in the first of the empty slots, set "into" to cc7 - there you go. Depending on your daw you can also use a midi transformer from your daw, cubase has a really good one for example, reaper too.

Answers

• Uwe303
    edited April 14 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

very easy, you open the rack view, click on "KSP" now add a transformer in the first of the empty slots, set "into" to cc7 - there you go. Depending on your daw you can also use a midi transformer from your daw, cubase has a really good one for example, reaper too.

• drahcirj
    edited April 14
    Options

Oh, I just map CC 1 to CC 11 in Reaper. Ok, that's fine. I thought it was an instrument setting. Thanks!!

• drahcirj
    Options

@Uwe303 . And how do I find what CC controls the default effect assigned to the mod wheel?

Because if I link the mod wheel to CC7, then in the choir I can no longer use the mod wheel to crossfade between vowel sounds. And if I toggle the UI button in Reaper and scroll down I can't see any CC lane labelled vowels. How do I find it please?

• Uwe303
    edited April 18
    Options

There are no standard midi cc assignments over the whole instrument, just a few standards work. The other parameters you can learn or open host parameters in reaper, by clicking on that automation curve/envelope sign, then you can add the stuff you need to automate and to be visible, also arm from that list. Here in this article you see the table I mentioned in the first picture: