Diva@Komplete Kontrol - Third party presets not found

Options
chr.schaef
chr.schaef Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Hi, I bought two preset expansion for u-he Diva, which I run via Komplete Kontrol.

However, Komplete Kontrol does not show up these third party presets, but I can see these directly in the Diva preset manager.

Is there a way to get these presets beeing visible in Komplete Kontrol, even if the third party did not provide nksf files?

Best Answer

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,778 mod
    edited April 13 Answer ✓
    Options

Yes because u-he plugins that support NKS have NKS export. You must do this from the VST2 version though so do it in a DAW not KK unless you are still using VST2 in KK

First you need to give the patches a bankname in the Diva browser by selecting them all and dragging them onto the bank field and filling out the bank name when prompted to (this ensures they won’t get mixed up with the other Diva NKS when you import them into KK)

Then right click on the save button in the Diva browser and switch the save as format to nksf.

Then select the whole bank and right click on the selected patches and choose export to nksf

Finally update the Komplete Kontrol database for Diva in KK settings

Some expansions do have NKS versions already though, especially u-he expansions do; which ones are they?

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,778 mod
    edited April 13 Answer ✓
    Options

Yes because u-he plugins that support NKS have NKS export. You must do this from the VST2 version though so do it in a DAW not KK unless you are still using VST2 in KK

First you need to give the patches a bankname in the Diva browser by selecting them all and dragging them onto the bank field and filling out the bank name when prompted to (this ensures they won’t get mixed up with the other Diva NKS when you import them into KK)

Then right click on the save button in the Diva browser and switch the save as format to nksf.

Then select the whole bank and right click on the selected patches and choose export to nksf

Finally update the Komplete Kontrol database for Diva in KK settings

Some expansions do have NKS versions already though, especially u-he expansions do; which ones are they?

• chr.schaef
    chr.schaef Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

Great, thanks a lot. Wouldn't have found this out my own.

Tiny detail, in the UI the action was slightly renamed, instead of "export to nksf" it was called "convert to nksf"