Kontrol MK3 won't display kontakt screen on it and knobs not responding to Mac Kontakt UI

Options
tonykeller
tonykeller Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I am on imac Sonoma with Logic Pro.

I installed all and it used to work, I mean the kontakt UI with apps on Kontrol screen.

Now I don't get to see them any longer.

The knobs work but not corresponding to their apps when kontakt7 is playing on my mac screen.

So, even with Logic pro, same thing, also I can't get to have Logic Pro replay the sounds yet it will record the midi input inside the sequencer.

I'm sure I forget a quick fix but which one?

Best Answer

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 880 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is an Apple side bug when the following three are used in combination on Sonoma.

Logic Pro, Kontakt 7, Kontrol S MK3

It is possible that's what you're experiencing, although it typically manifests as a more catastrophic crash.

Before we go too deep - I might try simply checking you're up to date on all installers, as well as going to Logic Pro -> Rebuild Defaults for the Control Surface and seeing if that helps. Prior to doing so, you could also quit, and reopen the NI Hardware Connection Service in the Activity Monitor.

Lastly, you might try using a USB-C hub, depending on your machine. If you're going direct in, there are some machines in recent model years with inconsistent USB-C bus issues that only a hub will bypass, that can result in data loss when communicating with peripherals. Oftentimes, using the hub to bypass the computer-side issue solves issues related to data loss, which can manifest as a failure to connect or update (depending on the peripheral used).

Answers

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 880 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is an Apple side bug when the following three are used in combination on Sonoma.

Logic Pro, Kontakt 7, Kontrol S MK3

It is possible that's what you're experiencing, although it typically manifests as a more catastrophic crash.

Before we go too deep - I might try simply checking you're up to date on all installers, as well as going to Logic Pro -> Rebuild Defaults for the Control Surface and seeing if that helps. Prior to doing so, you could also quit, and reopen the NI Hardware Connection Service in the Activity Monitor.

Lastly, you might try using a USB-C hub, depending on your machine. If you're going direct in, there are some machines in recent model years with inconsistent USB-C bus issues that only a hub will bypass, that can result in data loss when communicating with peripherals. Oftentimes, using the hub to bypass the computer-side issue solves issues related to data loss, which can manifest as a failure to connect or update (depending on the peripheral used).