rosetta and komplete kontrol

Options
Michael Terry
Michael Terry Member Posts: 68 Member

I switched over to not using rosetta about a half year ago… smooth sailing. Today I bought a very cool compressor from Kush audio. Didn't read the fine print that they were not Apple silicon ready and that I had to boot up studio one in rosetta mode. Well that set off a fun chain of events of Komplete Kontrol rescanning plugins. This took a huge amount of time and finally I gave up. Kush had Beta versions of most of their plugins but not this one…. UGH. Went over to my laptop which was a 2019 intel computer. Should work right? Not so fast. For some reason studio one was not seeing any vst plugins and the Kush audio plugin didn't come with a vst3 version or an AU version…..all in all I really stinky day. Has anybody got any ideas?

Comments

• Michael Terry
    Options

Any reason why komplete kontrol needs to do a full rescan of plugins if I re boot in rosetta?

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 613 Pro
    Options

The good news is that you have options.

Pick One:

1. Wait for Kush to rewrite/recompile their apps. Depending on where you are, you can plant flowers or a whole garden while you wait.
    2. If you can't wait and you will ONLY use Kush, well then install Rosetta on a temporary basis. It's not the end of the world, and it won't even ding your performance, not even a little bit.
    3. VST compressors are plentiful. Everybody and his brother makes one (I should see if my brother wants to write one with me). Find one from another maker that meets the requirements of Apple silicon. If I write one, I'll name it "BIFPressor!"

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 613 Pro
    edited April 2
    Options

How are you "rebooting in Rosetta"?

• Michael Terry
    Options

haha, great response. The fact is I’m 72 with 30 years in the digital realm. I have at least 20 compressors and the fact that I’m a spoiled brat I wanted to mix the tune with the ubk1 Kush compressor…. It is very cool btw…. Anyway, I would up launching Komplete Kontrol stand alone in Rosetta mode and rescanning the libraries… SUCCESS! thanks again for your help.

• Michael Terry
    edited April 2
    Options

haha…. Just relaunching studio one is Rosetta mode.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,802 mod
    edited April 2
    Options

Because it’s scanning all your plugins including the non native versions whereas when you boot in native mode it only scans the native ones