Editing Behaviours in Vintage Organs

Options
dancorbett
dancorbett Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I'd like to make some edits to some of the behaviours of the Vintage Organ library. I'm fairly new to Kontakt and have no idea if this is possible, or where to start. Doesn't appear possible out of the box.

The pitch bend wheel pushes/pulls whatever drawbars are non-zero, on the upper manual only. Is it possible to assign the pitchbend to a specific set of drawbars, and the modwheel the the rest?

I use the library in MIDI split mode with an S49mk2 as the upper (MIDI ch1), and a Nektar 49-key keyboard for the lower (MIDI ch2). The pitchbend on the lower controller still mods the drawbars for the upper. Can I fix this?

Best Answer

• Nicki_NI
    Nicki_NI Product Team Posts: 29 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'm glad it works. We'll release an update with this fix so that all NKIs of the B3, C3 and M3 will work correctly (due to easter holidays, please allow for one to two weeks before we can release it).

As for adding another option to the Mod Wheel menu, I can certainly have a look but I cannot promise anything.

Answers

• Nicki_NI
    Options

Hello,

Is it possible to assign the pitchbend to a specific set of drawbars, and the modwheel the the rest?

Not from the instrument itself. As KONTAKT only allows for CC automation (not pitch bend), it would only be possible with a workaround (i.e. transforming pitch bend into CC).

I use the library in MIDI split mode with an S49mk2 as the upper (MIDI ch1), and a Nektar 49-key keyboard for the lower (MIDI ch2). The pitchbend on the lower controller still mods the drawbars for the upper. Can I fix this?

This indeed is interesting, seems to be a bug. There's nothing you can do on the instrument side, but I'll have a look at it and will get back to you later!

best,

nicki

• Nicki_NI
    Options

Hello,

please have a look at attached NKI: in MIDI split mode, the pitchbend there adjusts the respective drawbar according to the set MIDI channel.

Please let me know if this works for you. If so, we will release it in an official update.

Thanks!

nicki

• dancorbett
    dancorbett Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

The drawbar mod using pitch bend is really clever in that, once released, the drawbars snap back to their original state. Kudos for that awesome design feature. It's awesome when only using one hand to perform.

It'd be great to have the 'Adjust Drawbars' option appear under the Mod Wheel menu on the Controller Options page. Assigning the modwheel to a MIDI CC, controlling a group of drawbars leaves out the snap back feature that the pitch bend script has.

• Nicki_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'm glad it works. We'll release an update with this fix so that all NKIs of the B3, C3 and M3 will work correctly (due to easter holidays, please allow for one to two weeks before we can release it).

As for adding another option to the Mod Wheel menu, I can certainly have a look but I cannot promise anything.