Logic X soft instruments not playing when KK S61 Mk2 keyboard in connected

ZML
ZML Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited May 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi all!

A recent issue has arisen after years of no-problem use. When my KK SL61 Mk2 is connected, I am unable to get any sound from my Logic's own native soft instruments (eg. Alchemy, Drum Kit Designer, Sampler etc). The channel strip meters do not move, whether I am attempting to playback from MIDI entered into Logic's sequencer or directly from the keyboard.

When I add a NI instrument or other 3rd party plugin instrument (eg. Addictive Drummer, Arturia synths, TruePiano), there are no issues. When I disconnect the KK keyboard, there are no issues with Logic's own suite of soft instruments. The KK's transport controls work as expected in Logic.

I have attempted the following:

- Updating NI software through Native Access

- Full reset of plugins in Logic's Plugin Manager

- Reinstalling Logic X (v 10.7.4 running in Rosetta)

- Deleting and re-adding KK S61 Mk2 as a Control Surface in Logic

Any help much appreciated!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ZML
    Answer ✓

I managed to resolve this issue.

I had an expression controller connected to footswitch 2 of the SL61 Mk2. It was sending out CC#11, which I use with a hardware synth. This control change also affects Logic's track volume. With the heel down on the expression pedal, I was effectively muting Logic's instruments.

Answers

• ZML
    edited April 2022

Further to the above, it appear Logic's instruments work as expected if the SL61 Mk2 is connected, but KK's Port 1 is NOT selected as a MIDI input in Logic's preferences. Under all conditions, there is no audio from any Logic instrument when KK Port 1 is selected.

• ZML

I also noticed that NIHostInegrationAgent appears twice as a Login Item in Users & Groups. Not sure about the relevancy of this.

• ZML
    Answer ✓

I managed to resolve this issue.

I had an expression controller connected to footswitch 2 of the SL61 Mk2. It was sending out CC#11, which I use with a hardware synth. This control change also affects Logic's track volume. With the heel down on the expression pedal, I was effectively muting Logic's instruments.