Komplete Kontrol and Kontakt 7 - Anyone else suffering from loss of sound after update to 3.2?

Options
2»

Answers

• CGTS
    CGTS Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited March 27 Answer ✓
    Options

Now we are are getting somewhere... This is heartwarming.

Firstly, just to confirm, NO! Kontakt had no sound or preview sound at all whilst in Cubase UNTIL after doing the below actions.

Following the action described by @Jeremy_NI did not work as prescribed, however choosing any of the options in 'Factory/' gets me sound.😍 This appears to be only for the loaded instrument. If I try another one, I need to do that again.

I transposed this theory to Cubase and following the same actions was able to get both Kontakt and KK (With a Kontakt instrument) to work as expected.

Once again this is per instrument not a global change.

So that suggests there is a common config file somewhere that perhaps I could edit.

I do now recall following a YouTube Video showing how to set outputs to discreet audio channels so a rack full of instruments with unique MIDI channels could become a multi-timbral stack. https://youtu.be/sz7XKh-bPTA?si=afpyvKtj476DO0oJ I now suspect that test/action permanently changed the way things work.

Then I had an Epiphany. I went back through the video and the process and realized that I must have selected the option to save 'Set current output section state as default for...' ALL FORMATS and this set Kontakt (even in standalone) to lose its typical output settings.

So I went back in and used 'Factory/Stereo x16' and used that 'Save current output blah blah' for ALL FORMATS and all tests out fantastic.

So thanks everyone for all your time in helping me get this fixed. Special thanks to @Jeremy_NI for jumping on to this thread and giving me the clue to the problem.

Lesson Learned: Stop messing about 🤣 or more sensibly, really consider your actions. I am keen to try that Multi-Timbral technique again but will obviously tread VERY VERY carefully and track any changes with a view to Undoing any issues.

• CGTS
    CGTS Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

And yes I have gone back to KK 3.2.1 as recommended and all tests out fine.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,873 mod
    Options

@CGTS Awesome! Glad that you found the fix, I'll take a note of this, in case other users out there experience the same kind of problem.

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 621 Pro
    edited April 1
    Options

"Lesson Learned: Stop messing about 🤣 or more sensibly, really consider your actions."

That's good advice for pretty much anything in life, actually.

"Where are you going with that chain saw and stepladder?"

"Out to trim the big oak tree outside."

"Now you remember what the doctor told you…no more chainsaws on ladders, right?"

"No, he said no more chainsaws on ladders WITH BLINDFOLDS. See here; no blindfold!"