S88 MK3 - Logic DAW Integration and Jog Wheel

Options
velanche
velanche Member Posts: 41 Member

Greets:

I have an S88 MK3, and wanted to try out the jog wheel to move the playhead in Logic. However, it does not work at all.

I'm on the latest version of both Native Access and Logic. I'm able to see the Mixer view for DAW integration, and did a quick test recoding via the keyboard to make sure it's responsive.

What gives? Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@velanche As long you are on the mixer/DAW page the 4D-encoder controls the volume/pan of the currently selected track. On other pages where it is not bound to the page context, the encoder controls the playhead position when set to Plug-in or in MIDI mode.

Answers

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 468 Pro
    Options

It's not working with Ableton Live either. I did get a response there's some misunderstanding between the vendors regarding the state and response between DAWs and controllers that's being worked out currently. I kind of suspect this is one of those updates that will need to be delivered via a keyboard firmware upgrade rather than a KK upgrade.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

@velanche As long you are on the mixer/DAW page the 4D-encoder controls the volume/pan of the currently selected track. On other pages where it is not bound to the page context, the encoder controls the playhead position when set to Plug-in or in MIDI mode.

• velanche
    Options

Thanks for the reply and clarification, Jeremy. I tried them out, and they worked.

For the rest of the DAW Integration cheat sheet, are all of the items that makes use of the encoder are supposed to be working? Or are they yet to be implemented.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Yes, all functions detailed in that cheat sheet should work.

• velanche
    Options

Thank you, @Jeremy_NI , I will try these out. I may be having somne trouble with deciphering some of the visual examples. Maybe as an older demographic not into, say, playing videos games or using consoles, some of the interpretations, initially, have been lost on me. Again, will give them a try.