Updating to Komplete Kontrol 3.1.2 broke functionality of my S61 Mk, can't revert!

Options
Joe90Prod
Joe90Prod Member Posts: 1 Member
edited March 1 in Komplete Kontrol

I have been using an older version of the KK software with the previous GUI (pre 3.0 I believe?). I updated to the new Native Access 2 and noticed a new version of the KK software available... I foolishly updated without realising that N.I have stopped supporting the MK1 keyboards post 3.0.

Fine, back I go to 2.9.6 of the KK software, but now my S61 doesn't function at all. Literally won't send a midi signal at all. I've tested in 3 DAW's (REAPER, Cubase, Studio One) and no luck.

I've tried various driver install files including "Komplete_Kontrol_420_PC_p" and "Komplete_Kontrol_Driver_Setup_Win" as well as the drivers that come included with the KK 2.9.6 installer. Nothing is working. I have ensured that the keyboard is not connected during installation at all times.

None of my DAW's seem to be detecting the keyboard is even connected and it's not working in standalone mode either. If I open controller editor it seems to recognise that the KK keyboard is connected but it's still not sending any midi data. If I open "KompleteKontrol_Updater_112_Win" to check the firmware status, it doesn't seem to detect the keyboard is connected at all.

I'm on Windows 10x64.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Comments

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 151 Advisor
    edited March 1
    Options

Deleted post

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 987 Guru
    edited March 1
    Options

@Joe90Prod

Yes - Komplete Kontrol 3.x is not supported on the Mark I series of keyboards but it is usually very straightforward to roll back to Komplete Kontrol 2.9.6.

Appears that you have much more going on than just a simple uninstall/reinstall.

Could be time for a support ticket here.

VP