Bring back a separate controller editor for midi mapping

Kymeia
Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,725 mod
edited April 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Please do this NI, embedding the midi editor inside the main Komplete Kontrol programme was a daft move from the start. I have just had to sit and wait for KK to finish scanning in a bunch of plugin updates, then rescan a gazillion new NKS patches they added, all so I can create a midi template for my new Korg Triton VST. All in all this took a good 10+ minutes. If there had been a separate controller editor I could have loaded it in a couple of seconds, plus I could also more easily backup settings and templates, something the current embedded one still does badly.

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,635 mod

Hey @Kymeia I will forward your comment to the team but I don't think we'll go back to Controller Editor now. I agree there could be improvements on the MIDI templates and configuration.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,725 mod

It's just the time it takes to load the KK app seems to get longer, a controller editor would be quicker to load and more comprehensive in its support for templates and editing possibilities

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert

Something doesn't seem right. Even with over 300+ plugins it still only takes my system 10 seconds or less to launch. I use standalone every day and I can guarantee you if it were minutes every time i'd be complaining too. Seems possibly a permission thing maybe but something is causing KK to rescan every plugin you have by the sound of it and that should only happen if a plugin changes due to update and even then, only that plugin will cause a delay.