[Feature Request] Session Percussionist - Decay, Velocity sensitivity

Options
robbiep
robbiep Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Session Percussionist is incredible, but is missing a critical feature and quality of life feature.

1. Controlling decay of a percussion instrument is really important for modern sound design, and current gen tech makes this very simple. The lack of decay controls in Session Percussionist unfortunately finds me reaching for Skaka still, which is very unfortunate and easily solved. Simple example - shakers in SP have a long tail, which fills the frequency spectrum, and sometimes I prefer a much tighter sound. Skaka has two controls for decay, programming into the pattern and a macro knob, both I use regularly. Either one of these would be incredibly useful.
  2. Velocity sensitivity is not required, as dynamics can be controlled by pitch bend, programming, gain, compression, etc - however it makes "playing in" with Session Percussionist more complicated than it should/could be. Quality of life feature, no question, but I was disappointed to discover it not being supported.

Appreciate your consideration.

Tagged:

Comments

• robbiep
    robbiep Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Bumping for visibility.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,797 mod
    Options

I can't believe it has no Velocity sensitivity - for me that is definitely a deal breaker. I would want to play and record hits in real time, not add expression later