What happened to the wrench button from Kontakt 6?

Options
DDmUSA
DDmUSA Member Posts: 29 Member

In Kontakt 6, I recall having a wrench button that offered many options under the hood for an instrument... the MIDI mapping editor, insert and send effects, to name a few.

Where is this stuff in Kontakt 7?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,153 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Like Kymeia said, seeing the wrench button or not depends entirely on the library itself. You can edit libraries in Kontakt 7, but it's up to the library if the Edit Mode is available for it or not.

For example, I can see the wrench button for these libraries in Kontakt 7.6.1:

Spotlight Collection : East Asia

Playbox

On the other hand, libraries such as Glaze, Hybrid Keys, Hypha, Cloud Supply, Melted Vibes, Lo-Fi Glow and others cant be edited that deep.

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,863 mod
    Options

It’s still there - it just doesn’t show for all libraries - certainly there for new instruments and libraries like the Light Trilogy and Piano Colors

• DDmUSA
    Options

I tried searching for Trilogy and Piano Colors. I didn't see them.

• DDmUSA
    Options

I launched Native Access, and I do see that Piano Colors is available to be installed.

Are you telling me that some libraries do cause a wrench button to appear in Kontakt 7?

• Kymeia
    Options

The Light Trilogy is Pharlight, Ashlight and Straylight

• Kymeia
    Options

It's more the other way round, the wrench icon is there by default and there for new instruments so you can build stuff in Kontakt, but some more recent libraries are not available for editing, mainly it seems because there are things in them that are not user editable (eg based on new technologies that are not yet accessible in Kontakt except to developers).

• DDmUSA
    Options

But no wrench button in Kontakt 7.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,153 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Like Kymeia said, seeing the wrench button or not depends entirely on the library itself. You can edit libraries in Kontakt 7, but it's up to the library if the Edit Mode is available for it or not.

For example, I can see the wrench button for these libraries in Kontakt 7.6.1:

Spotlight Collection : East Asia

Playbox

On the other hand, libraries such as Glaze, Hybrid Keys, Hypha, Cloud Supply, Melted Vibes, Lo-Fi Glow and others cant be edited that deep.

• Kymeia
    Options

As we said, Kontakt 7 still has the wrench button, it's just not available for all libraries - afaik this was also the case to an extent in Kontakt 6 that occasionally a developer would lock a library for editing (maybe for copyright reasons) and even some Reaktor ensembles are locked that way, but it is more common in Kontakt 7 libraries mainly because many are now so complex under the hood and use graphics libraries not yet available to users that opening them up would end up breaking stuff.