Kontakt v7.8.1 won't open under Monterey

Options
DJC12345
DJC12345 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I upgraded through Native Access and the Kontakt 7 standalone hangs, and when I try to open it in Logic 10.7.9 Logic hangs. I restored Kontakt 7.7.3 and ditched the preferences and reinitialised the database and the standalone works again, but Logic still sees Kontakt v7.8.1. and hangs.

Kontakt 6 still works inside Logic

How do I get Logic to see Kontakt 7.7.3 again?

Can you help please?

Tagged:

Answers

• Pedro Camacho
    Pedro Camacho Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Also won't open on Ventura! Crashes every single time.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

@DJC12345 Have you tried these steps? Kontakt Crashes

• DJC12345
    edited February 27
    Options

@Jeremy_NI

I have tried that. I have Reset the Mac. Re-installed Monterey, and restore the system from Time Machine, I then re-installed 7.7.3 and the VST 3 plug-in but something means that Kontakt 7.8.1 keeps being reinstalled and my set up is now severely in trouble. Before I upgraded Kontakt the entire things was working perfectly.

Kontakt 6 still runs, but many of my libraries won't load into 6. What do I do mow?

David

• DJC12345
    Options

Hi, Jeremy. I meant to say thank you to you before I answered. Thank you.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,161 mod
    Options

Hello,

have you checked the location where on mac the vst3 stuff and other plugins are installed, maybe delete the latest kontakt one there and try to reinstall the previous version again.

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/115000171310-VST-plug-in-locations-on-Mac-OS-X-and-macOS

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

@DJC12345 I contacted you by email, my colleagues will need to have a deeper look.