Guitar Rig Pro 6 - Sonoma compatibility?

Options
petduke
petduke Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
Unfortunately I wrote this in an already answered thread, now I'm posting it as a question:

I bought Guitar Rig Pro 6 in May 2023 (just 8 months ago) and the solution that NI recommends (to "upgrade" - that means to buy to 7.0 software update for 99 EUR!) is not acceptible for me. I want to continue using the version 6.0, that I bought. And I want to upgrade my Mac to Sonoma as it brings other advantages.

Will there be a Sonoma compatible Guitar Rig 6? Or a free Sonoma update for GR6 users? Thanks!

Best Answer

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,040 Guru
    edited February 20 Answer ✓
    Options

@petduke

"Will there be a Sonoma compatible Guitar Rig 6? Or a free Sonoma update for GR6 users?"

It is almost a guarantee that there will never be a Sonoma compatible version of GR6 - as this version is now retired and GR7 gets all the resource and support.

Sonoma is a minefield right now - not just NI products - but tons of others as well.

If I were a Mac guy - and actually wanted to get work done with no hassles - Ventura is where I would stay right now.

VP

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,119 mod
    edited February 20
    Options

Hello,

if you also use other native products I would not upgrade to sonoma yet. And If there will ever be a working version of gr6 for sonoma no one can or will tell you here. So upgrading, best if there is a sale, might really be the best way, if you only use gr and need the upgrade for other stuff.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,040 Guru
    edited February 20 Answer ✓
    Options

@petduke

"Will there be a Sonoma compatible Guitar Rig 6? Or a free Sonoma update for GR6 users?"

It is almost a guarantee that there will never be a Sonoma compatible version of GR6 - as this version is now retired and GR7 gets all the resource and support.

Sonoma is a minefield right now - not just NI products - but tons of others as well.

If I were a Mac guy - and actually wanted to get work done with no hassles - Ventura is where I would stay right now.

VP