NKA presets not showing in multiple Kontakt instruments in Komplete Kontrol

Options
TallerThanPenguins
TallerThanPenguins Member Posts: 23 Member

Hoping someone might have a solution/recommendation. I have a few instruments that are not showing the filesystem to allow loading of NKA file presets when Kontakt 7 is operating within Komplete Kontrol. As a standalone K7 instance or K7 plugin within the DAW all works fine. It's only with KK (2.9.6) as the wrapper that the problem occurs. Temporarily used 3.x of KK and the issue was not resolved (have since returned to 2.9)

Both KK and K7 have full disk access enabled on M1 MacOS Ventura 13.6.3. Running as VST3. Have tried loading via "removable" SSD (where most my content is stored fine) and via internal SSD with no difference in behavior.

Discovered the issue originally with Sonuscore's Origins instruments but found a free instrument with the same apparent issue here: https://www.beautifulvoidaudio.com/p/deep-conjuring-ii-freebie-kontakt-622/

Advice/fixes/etc appreciated. Have also reached out to Sonuscore and will follow up here if I am able to get any solution from them, but I don't think it's unique to their product - seems more a Kontrol issue.

Best Answers

• TallerThanPenguins
    Answer ✓
    Options

+ does not make a difference.

BUT - what I have found is that:

• Loading the instrument in Komplete Kontrol by double-clicking on the preset in the browser does not allow access to the NKA files
    • Loading Kontakt first via the menu (i.e. Instruments->VST3->Native Instruments->Kontakt 7) and then subsequently dragging and dropping the preset onto the empty Kontakt instance DOES work!

Seems to confirm this is likely an NI quirk/bug on how the instruments are loaded and would be great to see it fixed but at least there's a workaround.

• TallerThanPenguins
    Answer ✓
    Options

Additional note - after performing the drag and drop process above, saving a KK preset snapshot and later reloading the snapshot still allows access to the NKA files.

Also tested the drag/drop process with Kontakt 6 and it works fine for that as well.

Answers

• donmaddonald
    donmaddonald Member Posts: 49 Member
    Options

try to go in your Mac Os library, than go to application support, delete the KK folder, than run KK in stand alone, allow to rebuild the database of the instruments, than check again both as KK standalone and KK in the DAW.

do not worry about deleting that folder in the application support folder in the library, as the software will create it again, if it doesn't work you may just waste 10/15 min max, but if it works it is an easy fix.

let me know if it worked.

• TallerThanPenguins
    Options

Deleting and rebuilding did not work - same behavior.

• TallerThanPenguins
    Options

I should note - this is not about NKI or NKSN, NKSF etc missing from the browser as I've seen a number of cases where there's concern about that (especially with the newer v3). It's about NKA files that the instruments themselves are trying to access once the NKI is loaded.

• geiger167
    geiger167 Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

So it's a preset load issue for the kontakt library running inside the komplete kontrol wrapper. The only thing I noticed that might help is if whilst in Komplete Kontrol on the instrument view there is a '+' button at the top that makes the plug in go into full sizeview (ie not the smaller komplete kontrol view, rather the full size view of the instrument) Try pressing that and see if the presets become viewable in the browser.

• TallerThanPenguins
    Answer ✓
    Options

+ does not make a difference.

BUT - what I have found is that:

• Loading the instrument in Komplete Kontrol by double-clicking on the preset in the browser does not allow access to the NKA files
    • Loading Kontakt first via the menu (i.e. Instruments->VST3->Native Instruments->Kontakt 7) and then subsequently dragging and dropping the preset onto the empty Kontakt instance DOES work!

Seems to confirm this is likely an NI quirk/bug on how the instruments are loaded and would be great to see it fixed but at least there's a workaround.

• TallerThanPenguins
    Answer ✓
    Options

Additional note - after performing the drag and drop process above, saving a KK preset snapshot and later reloading the snapshot still allows access to the NKA files.

Also tested the drag/drop process with Kontakt 6 and it works fine for that as well.