How do I delete these tags in Battery 4?

Options
HyprPosition
HyprPosition Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
I added the whole factory library to a new tag in Battery 4 not understanding how the tagging system worked (I had previously deleted the factory library and only used my own samples, but now I want the factory cymbals lol).

Now I have all the factory content back, but I can't figure out how to get rid of the redundant tags I made by accident.
Tagged:

Comments

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,928 Guru
    Options
  • HyprPosition
    Options
    > @Milos said:
    > Maybe this link can help.
    > Battery 4: Preset Browser Inaccessible Due to Too Many Tags – Native Instruments (native-instruments.com)
    > Let me know how it went, good sir!

Damn it basically says "lol owned" in the article and that you can't delete them q.q
  • Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,928 Guru
    Options

Where...?

I don't understand...

• HyprPosition
    Options
    Not literally but the article is one sentence long and it says there isn't a way to delete them and the devs might do something about it later.
  • Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,132 Expert
    edited February 19
    Options

That link won't help you at all. It's about when you have too many tags listed, it will make the (non-resizable) Preset browser area invisible/inaccessible.

This is a shot in the dark, but... could you try re-setting the BATTERY 4 database?

Reinitialize the BATTERY 4 Database

1. Quit BATTERY and navigate to the following location on your computer:
    2. C: > Users > *Your Username* > AppData > Local > Native Instruments
    3. Note: The "AppData" folder is usually hidden. See this article for instructions to access hidden Windows folders.
    4. Delete only the folder named Battery 4 that you find in this directory location.
    5. Note: Deleting other NI product folders could result in unexpected behavior with other applications.
    6. Relaunch the standalone version of BATTERY, let it rescan and check if the issue has been resolved.

(Make a backup of that Battery 4 folder if you want.)

• HyprPosition
    Options
    Hey, Monochrome.

Unfortunately it's the first thing I tried. Haven't done a full reinstall though, but reluctant due to the integration with my DAW templates. Seems a little overkill anyway for deleting a tag.