(komplete kontrol) KK as audio VST (audio insert)

Options
Conjure0193
Conjure0193 Member Posts: 8 Member
Hello,

Is there a planned version of komplete kontrol for audio effects insert *ONLY* (no instrument)

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Conjure0193 This is not planned at the moment or in the near future.

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 418 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Jeremy_NI Sorry to throw a spanner into the works - although it's not planned for the near future, Matthew has gone on record in the AMA to say this is something NI will look at in the future, but not for right now.

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,971 Guru
    Options

Do you mean KK as an effect?

I heard that there is a vst called Surge XT, and that same plugin can be also used as an effect called Surge XT FX.

Interesting concept.

• Conjure0193
    Options
    Exactly !

Use KK as a effect preset browser / control.

In fact there is several synth plugins that does that : serum, surge, BC patchwork, aas multphonics cv2, zebra, sytnhmaster ...

In our case, KK is just a vst wrapper, so actually it make no sense that there is no actual KK insert as an effet capability :/
  • Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Conjure0193 This is not planned at the moment or in the near future.

• Milos
    Options

If you want the effcts from NI, I recommend GR7 Player for starters, which is free.

Or you can download the demo version of GR7 Pro which has over 140 effects, but has 30 min time limit.

Then if you like the demo product, you can buy the full Pro version!

• Conjure0193
    Options
    No, i always have KK Utlimate.

I want to browse and control my effects the same way i do for the instruments.
    And i don't understand why it is not already the case ...
  • Milos
    Options

Perhaps Komplete Kontrol software doesn't have the feature to be an effect only.

But, as Jeremy said, there is currently no plan for it to be released as an FX plugin.

You can still go with Guitar Rig!

It has some unique modification and automation features, such as Input Level!

You can control the knob of any effect inside GR with your input level of your instrument!

I am using it every time for distortion effects everyday!

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 418 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Jeremy_NI Sorry to throw a spanner into the works - although it's not planned for the near future, Matthew has gone on record in the AMA to say this is something NI will look at in the future, but not for right now.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,863 mod
    edited February 7
    Options

It's just absurd that we have the ability to load fx in KK but not actually use them as fx, and not acceptable to just say 'we don't have plans to'. Functionally fx are mostly pointless in KK without an actual fx version.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,639 Expert
    edited February 7
    Options

What, you thought they would take feedback and actually use that to add useful and important features.

Not sure you have been paying attention for the last 15 years son :)

• JesterMgee
    Options

Your advice is way off the mark there, that is not what is being asked at all.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,863 mod
    Options

Well I've been arguing this since fx were first added, unfortunately it's not me not paying attention.

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 921 mod
    Options

@Jeremy_NI is absolutely right when he says "This is not planned at the moment or in the near future"

As I've said in the AMA - and can say again here, it's on our backlog to look at this year, but there are more pressing things we'd do first. Near feature means, likely not the next six months. Why they've not been done years ago I can't really say. That was then and this is now. But there's a lot I'd get done first (see below)

KSMK3:

• Play Assist on device
    • Accessibility on device
    • MIDI templates on device
    • Some features I cannot talk about yet, but that we have planned on device
    • Expanding MIDI 2
    • Deeper DAW integrations

KK3

• Browser and Edit improvements
    • Continued resizing improvements

• JesterMgee
    Options

Yep, you, me and about 1000 others (reason why I just don't bother covering NKS for effects) but it's been pretty clear for as long as I have been here anyway that suggestions on improvements are seldom taken on-board. I mean we have had literally hundreds of very intelligent and practical suggestions in that time, none of which seem outlandish or difficult to me and more than 10 years to work on even just a few of them.... Not only do we see none of anything suggested materialize, we have a new version that also seems to skrew even the few basic things that did actually work (like browsing)

It's gonna be one heck of a long road to see new features beyond just fixing bugs and usability issues, especially for non MK3 owners since I am betting that is where a focus will be.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,305 Guru
    edited February 8
    Options

The more I hear about the emphasis on features that are exclusively on-device, the more the Mk3 ecosystem feels like a hardware-dongle "trap".

I escaped from UAD and their external DSP ecosystem... but not before spending way too much money on their hardware-dongle plugins.

I want the freedom to enjoy the latest NI features without always needing my S-61Mk3 attached.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,305 Guru
    Options

Maybe we need a KSMK3 emulation running on the desktop...

How crazy is this thought?

A Russian Doll of layers... ha...