Phantom guitar with Mint

Options
Screch
Screch Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
I just got Session Player Mint. Of course I read the manual and fiddled around before trying to use it in my DAW. I'm trying to get a rock sounding pattern wich I found but I'm getting what sounds like clean ghost melody notes following the pitch and pattern of a rock pattern and amp section. I triend purging the samples to no avail.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Screch
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Not sure about that. I use the same Sound Presets on a new track with a new instance of Kontakt Player 7 and everything sounds like I want. It was like there was one pattern being played by two different presets at the same time, one struming chords the other playing a melody or the root note of the chords with a much cleaner sound (not going through fx or amp?)

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,946 Guru
    Options

I would recommend listening to some of the samples from the Mint, then you can make your own by opening the Melody version of Mint to create your own riffs!

Speaking from personal experience with Session Guitarist Deluxe Edition.

Let me know if it helped or if you need more info.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 493 Pro
    Options

I think you may need to provide more information about how you setup this preset such as which Sound Preset and Pattern along with the amps and effects you have selected so we can try it and see if we hear the same thing.

• Screch
    Options
    Thanks for the answers. What I was getting was sounding like 2 guitarists playing the same pattern. One was hitting power chords (strum) with a gritty sound and the other one the root note of the chords with a clean sound (same pattern being played). I fixed the problem by deleting the track and instrument in Studio One 6 and starting over. Next time this happens (if it does) I'll drag & drop the patterns on the MIDI track to see if the notes are doubled but I would doubt it, since I only had one instance of Mint playing in Kontakt Player 7 where as Prime Bass and Sunburst were handled in an instance of Kontakt Player 6 on 2 separate tracks. Setup is Windows 10 using Studio One 6 Artist.
  • DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 493 Pro
    Options

Sounds like you have have selected one of the doubled Sound Presets

• Screch
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Not sure about that. I use the same Sound Presets on a new track with a new instance of Kontakt Player 7 and everything sounds like I want. It was like there was one pattern being played by two different presets at the same time, one struming chords the other playing a melody or the root note of the chords with a much cleaner sound (not going through fx or amp?)