Keyboard illumination only lights up in blue

pede
pede Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

*newbie* Perhaps an embarrassing question. When I work with my Komplete Control Keyboard, the keyboard illumination only lights up in blue. No matter what I work with (Komplete, Reaktor...) I only see blue. As far as I know I am not colour blind. 🤷

Best Answers

• Wonner
    Wonner Member Posts: 10 Member
    Answer ✓

The color of the keys is controlled primarily by loading instruments that have specific articulations or key switches, such as string instruments, or by invoking Scale or Chord modes on the keyboard itself.

All blue lights is the default mode and tells you that the keyboard is simply working as a midi keyboard with no special articulations or key switches available.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert
    Answer ✓

Get use to that blue colour, it will be burned in your eyes in no time.

As mentioned, only instruments/libraries that have lightguide info programmed into them will illuminate anything different. Load up something like a drum kit in Kontakt and you should see some colours.

However most VST instruments will have nothing to show and so, blue is the default colour. If you use any 3rd party VSTs they will also only show blue.

Oh, and there is no way to actually switch the led's off either so hopefully blue if your favourite colour.

Answers

• Wonner
    Wonner Member Posts: 10 Member
    Answer ✓

The color of the keys is controlled primarily by loading instruments that have specific articulations or key switches, such as string instruments, or by invoking Scale or Chord modes on the keyboard itself.

All blue lights is the default mode and tells you that the keyboard is simply working as a midi keyboard with no special articulations or key switches available.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert
    Answer ✓

Get use to that blue colour, it will be burned in your eyes in no time.

As mentioned, only instruments/libraries that have lightguide info programmed into them will illuminate anything different. Load up something like a drum kit in Kontakt and you should see some colours.

However most VST instruments will have nothing to show and so, blue is the default colour. If you use any 3rd party VSTs they will also only show blue.

Oh, and there is no way to actually switch the led's off either so hopefully blue if your favourite colour.