Massive vst not showing up in ableton 11

jojijung
jojijung Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi

I am loading an older session from this year. Massive is not showing up as a vst in ableton 11. I am using Sonoma and the newest ableton 11 update. I rescanned my plugins in ableton. I see massive in the vst folder but it won't show up in ableton. AU shows up but Icant replace it in the session because the preset won't show up. please help.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 8,918 mod

@jojijung Was this older session made on another computer, or maybe on this one but in Rosetta mode? How to Open Your DAW Using Rosetta VST2 is not supported on MACs in native mode and never will be. Ableton also doesn't support migration from VST2 to VST3.

The solution would be to open your project in Rosetta mode, find which preset was used, load a Komplete Kontrol vst3 track, load the same preset, copy the MIDI track to it. Now your project is future proof.

• jojijung
    jojijung Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks for the quick response. I am on a Mac Studio m2 chip. So I could try Rosetta.

also does it matter for CPU usage which version. To use. Vst3 or AU it is always confusing. What is the most efficient so I can continue my projects using those versions only if that makes sense. I am asking for any plugin ex kontakt, realtor etc.

best

jack

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 8,918 mod

@jojijung Well, AU being Apple's own format, if you're worried about compatibility with Apple processors, AU is probably the way to go.