Replika doesn't save Settings

Flowrest
Flowrest Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited April 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hi, hope its right Thread...

I open a Project (Ableton), put Replika on Send. Change some settings like Tempo and feedback. Save Project and close.

Next time I open the Project all Replika changes are away and switched to preset "Vintage Darkness).

System:

Ableton 11.0.12

MacBook Pro 2016 i7 3,3Ghz

MAC OS Monetery 12.3.1.

UAD Apollo x8

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

Hey @Flowrest Does Ableton have Full Disk Access ? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Are you using the Replika's AU, VST or VST3 plug-in ? Can you check all formats and see if you get the same issue ?

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

I tested on Windows and did not have any issues... not that that helps since you are on Mac...🤪

• error eyes
    error eyes Member Posts: 4 Member

I have also noticed this with Replika GR in Guitar Rig 6. The delay type and time mode drop down selectors do not always recall their settings when switching presets in GR6.

This is on the latest version of GR6 on Windows.

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 355 mod

Hi @error eyes

we have not seen this problem with Replika GR in Guitar Rig 6. Could you describe the circumstances a little more concretely under which you encounter this issue? Does this happen in standalone or as plugin? Is this for rack presets or component presets?

Cheers,

Eddie

• error eyes
    error eyes Member Posts: 4 Member

This seems to be happening to the plugin version only. For example, I made 3 rack presets using Replika GR, all 3 set to Vintage Delay, Medium Quality, and Dotted time mode. In standalone, I can switch back and forth between rack presets, and each instance of Replika GR shows Vinatge Delay, Medium Quality, and Dotted correctly.

In the Guitar Rig 6 plugin, when I repeat the same test, the time mode randomly switches between Dotted, Triplets, and ms (so far it never switches to Straight), and the delay mode randomly switches between Vintage Delay and Diffusion. In addition, in Vintage Delay, the Quality parameter occasionally switches between High and Medium.

I have noticed this more in Bitwig v4 and current 5 beta, and less in Renoise v3, and again, so far, Replika GR is the only GR6 effect that has this issue.