How to create a new Preset name in Straylight?

Options
Suryaman
Suryaman Member Posts: 6 Member

Having created a new Snapshot, it maintains the name of the Preset that it started from.

How can I create a new Preset name to associate with the new Snapshot?

Best Answer

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,797 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yeah it seems the built in snapshot browser is only for factory patches - user snapshots are meant to be loaded through the main snapshot menu in the Kontakt header (or using Komplete Kontrol) so are simply designated as 'User Snapshot' as below - however it seems this only automatically recognises a new patches as a user snapshot if you have changed one of the samples - it's a bit dumb really. The workaround would be to change a sample then change it back then it gets called User snapshot

Answers

• DodMod
    DodMod Member Posts: 61 Helper
    Options

When you click the save button (floppy disk icon) it should open a dialogue box which allows you to name the snapshot you want to save, with any name you choose. Remember snapshot is the name used for presets by NI. When you save the new snapshot, that's it, you only need to open it from the 'user' folder.

Check page 3 of the Straylight manual.

• Suryaman
    Options

Thank you for your kind reply, but my question must not have been clear.

Yes, I successfully saved a new user snapshot. Yes, I can open it from the user dropdown list in Straylight.

I'll elaborate more on what I'm asking.

• When you open the browser, you are presented with filter selections followed by a list of Presets that match your filtering criteria (if any).
    • When you select a Preset and go back to the Perform page, the Preset name is in the upper left hand corner of the Perform page.
    • If you make changes to this Preset and save it as a new Snapshot with a new Snapshot name, the Preset name for this new Snapshot (shown in the upper left side of the Perform page) is the same as the Preset name that was used to create the new Snapshot.
    • Is there a way to create a new Preset name and associate the new Snapshot with this new Preset name?
  • Suryaman
    Options

See the included attachment.

• Kymeia
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yeah it seems the built in snapshot browser is only for factory patches - user snapshots are meant to be loaded through the main snapshot menu in the Kontakt header (or using Komplete Kontrol) so are simply designated as 'User Snapshot' as below - however it seems this only automatically recognises a new patches as a user snapshot if you have changed one of the samples - it's a bit dumb really. The workaround would be to change a sample then change it back then it gets called User snapshot

• Suryaman
    Options

Thank you for your reply, but it didn't indicate how to create a new snapshot name recognized by Straylight that could be used to associate with the new snapshot name shown in Kontakt.

I have a ticket open with NI. They were able to recreate the issue and are looking into it.

• Kymeia
    Options

That’s because there isn’t one, which is what I was saying