The chosen Battery 4 Kit doesn't save and reload in my Logic project

Options
oobe79
oobe79 Member Posts: 83 Helper

This is a hard question to search and find answers for in the forums. I will load an instance of Battery 4 in Logic Pro (10.8) and select a kit. I will create a beat, and then later save the project. But if I quit Logic Pro and relaunch it later, the instance of Battery 4 does not load the kit I used in my previous session. It's always an empty kit, and I have to go back and re-select it. Am I doing something wrong? This is the only AU instrument plugin that does this. Every other AU instrument loads properly, and even with my custom settings (cutoff, resonance, etc, modulation, etc.). Thanks for any help.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@oobe79 Unfortunately this is a known bug, a long lasting one: BUG - I can't relocate samples in Battery 4 - (BT4-2680)

It should get fixed soon, hopefully this quarter.

• nitinm162
    nitinm162 Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

i am having the same issue.

This is suck a pain in the a***

• Simon A. Billington
    Simon A. Billington Member Posts: 46 Member
    Options

I had a problem where it wasn't loading patches saved via the Logic preset system. However, patches saved natively via the Battery menu system recalled fine. The plugin itself seemed to recall fine on project reloads though.

I am running Sonoma though, so that might be the difference.

• 1masterfader
    1masterfader Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

The work around that I use for this situation is save the current kit I use for the session as Default. This pulls it back up when closing and re-opening the session. I use Logic pro x

• Simon A. Billington
    Simon A. Billington Member Posts: 46 Member
    edited April 1
    Options

Good tip. Sadly it doesn't work when you have multiple projects on the go.

Well not unless all your projects happen to be using the same kit, which could be possibly true if all the productions were part of the same bigger project.

• kevleyski
    kevleyski Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Would appreciate fix or workaround for this too (I'm running latest greatest everything as of April 2024)

Logic Pro presets don't work with Battery 4 basically

• von Bordwehr
    von Bordwehr Member Posts: 104 Advisor
    Options

Same issue here. Has Battery been abandoned?