Remaining Kontakt6-compatible versions missing from NI Forum & Native Access, please make available?

Options
cj014
cj014 Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited January 18 in Kontakt

Hello! Posting because it appears that the NI support team on the forum is infinitely more capable (thank god) than the customer service rep I got assigned to during the week of Jan 8.

(Edit: Will make sure to close my ticket if my question gets answered here, and I hope that it does!)

As of Jan 11, @mykejb and @Jeremy_NI graciously updated the reference post linking to older libraries: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/17039/previous-versions-of-recently-updated-kontakt-libraries-compatibility-with-k6-older-libraries/p1

Can someone please provide links to old installers that are Kontakt-dependent, i.e. were previously available for Kontakt 6 but are currently not accessible through Native Access?

Here is a list of Kontakt-dependent installers missing from the reference post & Native Access, and that I'm looking to download and install.

If it helps, all instruments listed below were actually included with Komplete 13, except for Prime Bass which was available since maybe Feb 2022 or earlier (i.e. before Kontakt7 was publicly available).

Sampled Instruments: (20-21 remaining)

Playbox

Session Bassist - Prime Bass

Session Guitarist - Electric Sunburst (note: NOT the Deluxe version, the normal one)

Session Guitarist - Strummed Acoustic (note: NOT Picked Acoustic; Strummed)

Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass

Una Corda

Session Horns

Session Strings 2

Cuba

India

Middle East

The Maverick

The Grandeur [I actually have this via a purchase from a different vendor, but including on the list for completeness]

The Gentleman

Scarbee MM- Bass

Scarbee A-200

Scarbee Clavinet Pianet

Scarbee Mark I

Vintage Organs

The Giant

Kinetic Metal

Drums & Percussion Instruments: (4 remaining)

Drum Lab

Abbey Road 60s Drummer

Studio Drummer

West Africa

Looking forward to a response, thank you so much! It's a rather large list so definitely feel free let me know if extra time is needed.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,787 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@cj014 You're absolutely right, we should add these, we're working on it, I'll update the list as soon as I get all the links ready.

Answers

• cj014
    cj014 Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    Options

...Actually, I'm throwing The Grandeur back onto the request list.

I've noticed that the heavier libraries that require us to initially download through Native Access in order for the separate compatibility patch to actually work, (ex. Electric Mint, Noire, Hybrid Keys) help the library load dramatically faster.

I wonder if there is something about the update/compatibility executable that allows the libraries to work THAT much better? Or maybe it's the mandatory requirement to install either the library itself or its patch onto our native hard disk, before we're allowed to move the library itself to an external drive? At any rate, It's kind of magical.

(For example, Hybrid Keys at 3.63GBx2 used to take about 2 full minutes to load; now it loads instantaneously after a complete uninstall, then a reinstallation through Native Access plus the additional compatibility patch. The Modular Icons at 3.7GB, a fresh install for me, also basically loads instantaneously.)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,787 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@cj014 You're absolutely right, we should add these, we're working on it, I'll update the list as soon as I get all the links ready.