Guitar Rig 6 & M-Audio interface - inputs show not connected

MPG
MPG Member Posts: 4 Member
edited April 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

I have launched standalone Guitar Rig 6 and selected USB Audio Codec as device. On doing so, the inputs dropdowns show "not connected". Hitting the dropdown arrow provides no other option than not connected. No input signal shows in Guitar Rig. Is there any solution or is the M-Audio, M-Track Solo interface incompatible with GR6? It works fine with GarageBand and Peavey Revalver 4.

I get sound from GR6 if I select Built-in (i.e., microphone). It just doesn't seem to recognise M-Audio interface.

See attached shot of what I am seeing in preferences. The second grey dropdown is what I see on clicking.

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Gandi
    Gandi Member Posts: 55 Helper

This is also how it is displayed for me if I haven't connected my sound card. GR recognizes the driver for the sound card, but cannot connect to an input or output.

In my case, the message is correct.

Can you access the sound card via the operating system (Windows etc.)?

• MPG

I am using a MacBook. I’ll have a look for soundcard parameters. Maybe in Audio MIDI Setup app? Thanks.

• MPG
    Answer ✓

SOLVED - https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014900358-Compatibility-of-Native-Instruments-Products-on-macOS. Bizarrely, NI haven’t managed to make Guitar Rig 6 work with macOS Monterey. So that’s that. Took some finding out - why not flag up in download area that GR6 doesn’t work with one of the major contemporary OS?

• MPG

Now I am using a MacBook Air with Big Sur 11.6.6 - which OS should be compatible with Guitar Rig 6 according to NI. I have my M-Audio M-Track Solo as guitar interface, connect to the USB port on the MacBook. In GR6 the M-Track Solo shows up as USB Audio Codec. But still I can not select any left or right input at Guitar Rig 6 In L or R. The only option is in the dropdown is "- not connected -".

This isn't great. Anyone any idea how to get this working? Is there any documentation dealing with this, for a beginner? The M-Track Solo is recognised fine by GarageBand. Thanks

• parkinglotguitars
    parkinglotguitars Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I am having the same issue on MAC Catalina. Any solves yet?

• eden
    eden Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Same issue here with High Sierra 10.13.6, Guitar Rig doesn't recognise my audio interface's inputs. There's no problem with my setup itself because I can record in FL and have no problem getting signal in and out through the audio interface. I've changed just about everything I could change to try and get it to work but no luck. OP mentioned that maybe it was a compatibility problem but Native Instruments confirmed that Guitar Rig 6 does work on High Sierra. Any fix?

• Sunor Seto
    Sunor Seto Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Guitar Rig 6 & M-Audio Interface - Inputs are shown as not connected. 

( I am using a Mackbook Pro M1, Avid interface ). 

I spent $800 on NI.

Other than problems money and wasting time I have not had much.  

Does anyone have a solution to the problem ??

Greetings 

• jaydubbyasee
    jaydubbyasee Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

This might be a bit of a necro post, but I was able to resolve this problem for myself. Currently on MacOS Ventura 13.6 (M2 Mac) and using an M-Audio M-Track Duo for my audio interface

Native Instruments has a guide on this as well called "How to Create an Aggregate Device" I can't post links yet on my account, but you can google it.

What I did

1. Go to MIDI Audio Setup. You can search for it in spotlight
    2. In my case I saw two entries for USB Audio Codec (i'm assuming inputs and outputs are showing up as separate devices).
    3. Click the + in the lower left hand corner and create an aggregate device. Select both USB AUDIO CODEC's
    4. Open Guitar Rig preferences and select the new aggregate driver you created instead of the USB AUDIO CODEC