Kontakt instruments lower volume to half after several plays

Options
didymus7
didymus7 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Right now I'm using Kontakt 6. While composing, the kontakt instrument will play at the right volume for 4, 5, 6 plays, then the next play will be at half the volume. Reset of DAW (Cakewalk) or Kontakt does nothing. The volume slider in Kontakt instrument did not change. Telling Kontakt to ignore Volume CCs does not help. The only solution so far is to close the instrument and reload it. Purge does not help. Currently it is the instrument 25 that I am having problems with, but I've had this happen before with other instruments. Need help with preventing this from happening. It has ruined mix-downs since there is no indication as to when it will happen.

Tagged:

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,942 Guru
    Options

Well, the alternative I can provide is to take a paer and a pen, or just use any program that writes documents, and then before that glitch happens, you need to write for every instrument on your mix the amount of a volume that is from your project.

If you have, for example, -5 db from the Track 1., write that down on Notes or on your paper, so that you don't have to remember what is the volume of a certain track.

That is the best I can provide.

Let me know if it works.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,230 mod
    Options

How does that help with the problem?

-- Mike

• Milos
    Options

He needs to write down each volume gain for each track before playing the mi If the volume suddenly gets lower by the next playback.

Similar to screenshotting the Kontakt tab before the playback when the library changes its settings on the next playback.

• didymus7
    didymus7 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Milos, you didn't read my whole message. I already have an easier work around. All I need to do is to close out the instrument in Kontakt and reload it. What I want to know is how to fix this so I don't have to stop and do that all the time.

• Milos
    Options

Oh...

I don't know then...

Myke can help you probably, and if he can't, stick to the alternatives.