LogicPro Error: "Plug-in for device "Komplete Kontrol S-Series" is missing"

Options
IanW
IanW Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I lost power midway through a project, and when I fired everything back up, each time I now open Logic I get a pop up that says:

"Plug-in for device "Komplete Kontrol S-Series" is missing"

Despite this, the controller still seems to function ok within Logic, but also since then, in Native Access, I have the Komplete Kontrol 3.1.0 Update to download. Which I have downloaded a number of times, but still keeps reappearing and asking me to download every time I open Native Access.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,787 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry to stumble upon this thread so long after the battle. Hopefully you managed to find a solution. If not, we'd recommend to close Logic and delete this file:

Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

Also make sure that Komplete Kontrol and Logic have full disk access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

If that still doesn't help, get in touch with our support here: https://bit.ly/NI_support_Kontrol

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,939 Guru
    Options

Try reinstalling Native Access.

Let me know if something happens, sir.

• the_pbr
    the_pbr Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I'm having the same problem. I reinstalled Native Access, which now looks different / updated, and it doesn't prompt me to download the update anymore, but I'm still getting the "Plug-in for device "Komplete Kontrol S-Series" is missing" error when I open a project in Logic.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,787 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry to stumble upon this thread so long after the battle. Hopefully you managed to find a solution. If not, we'd recommend to close Logic and delete this file:

Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

Also make sure that Komplete Kontrol and Logic have full disk access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

If that still doesn't help, get in touch with our support here: https://bit.ly/NI_support_Kontrol