When can i expect Komplete Kontrol to revert back to old strengths?
Hello dear NI, since you released the 3.x version of Komplete Kontrol, i'm quite unhappy with it, and still use 2.x. Please, please give me information on whether I can expect an improvement - and when.
So here are my top 3 reasons, why Komplete Kontrol 3 Software is broken for me, and i would like you to tell me whether you will reverse this situation, which i consider to be REALLY bad.
- The hiding of either Browser or Performance View in the KK VST Plugin Window (opened in the DAW) is a catastrophic downgrade. Why would you force users to change views, in order to see the active instrument? The new layout is mind-bogglingly bad, from a UX perspective. It clearly was BETTER (=faster) before, and based on the old side-Browser, it could have been made even better (with a scaleable window, adjustable Browser-sub-category-sizes, etc). For big screens you could even allow users to open this new overly broad browser together with the instrument view. Let us customize and scale the window and any region of the windows. Let us decide, whether we want that fat Browser window at the bottom or a side-Browser. We users aren't too dumb for several views which show much more than currently possible, and to choose a default view out of them which suits us best.
- Restricting the ability to edit custom presets. This breaks the core of my current workflow, which is built around creating a huge custom library. I was hoping that instead of crippling down the Preset and Browsing functions of Komplete Kontrol, Native Instruments would actually improve the Browser and Preset-Editing functions! Like being able to edit TYPES and CHARACTERS! (instead of being forced to delete them and create a new name, then re-order EVERY SINGLE preset into this new name - Type/charakter).
- Loading Times out of Hell, worse performance than KK 2.8.1 when many instances are loaded, unneccessary re-scan of known plugins, forced usage of Kontakt 7.
The following changes to the Komplete Kontrol Keyboard Software are just as bad and mind-boggling - will they ever be reverted?
- The automatic default-hiding of parameter values in the Komplete Kontrol Display is insanely bad. [regression, bad like a bug]. It's absolutely essential to see exact values, and a severe downgrade from MK2.
- The hiding of active keyswitches in the Komplete Kontrol Display is insanely bad. It was one of my favorite features, because the quick overview for keyswitches is a lifesaver for liveperforming. [regression, bad like a bug]
If my post is a little bit too passionate in its wording, i'm sorry. But i really would LOVE to get an answer, so please HELP me out with your answer. I've built my whole (live) setup around Komplete Kontrol, and want to be sure that you (NI) will restore its former glory/smart functions.
- All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 2.1K Hangout
- 85 NI News
- 1.4K Tech Talks
- 2.3K Native Access
- 13.4K Komplete
- 1.3K Komplete General
- 2.8K Komplete Kontrol
- 3.8K Kontakt
- 3.5K Reaktor
- 327 Battery 4
- 596 Guitar Rig & FX
- 317 Massive X & Synths
- 706 Other Software & Hardware
- 4K Maschine
- 4.9K Traktor
- 4.6K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators