Setting tempo

Options
fpichon
fpichon Member Posts: 7 Member

Hi,

I only play live with GR6, using delays & tremolos for guitar and vocals... It's brilliant when seted perfectly on tempo. I can't do it perfectly with my midi footswitch (tap is on/off/on... and not on/on/on...) Any idea that GR would "read" the tempo of the song, with my guitar silent struming at the beginning of the song ? A modifier ? As an LFO can control a Wha pedal for example ? Thank you very much if you got a tip !

Best Answer

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,930 Guru
    Options

For now, it is best to use alternatives, since GR doesn't have that feature.

If you have a DAW, you can just change the tempo on a certain bar of the song, for example.

I do that when I am composing more...progressive stuff.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,209 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is an excellent hardware tap tempo pedal if you have 5-pin MIDI in and don't mind another pedal on the floor.

Ploytec 34oneII MIDI Clock Tap Tempo Pedal at Juno Records.

-- Mike

• fpichon
    Options

Thanks Mike... still searching :)

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod
    Options

If you want to use your midi foot controller for tap tempo but it doesn't work because of the on/off/on messages it sends you can use the Macros component as a workaround. Here is what you need to do:

• Open the Macros component
    • Right-click on any knob.
    • Select "Toggle Knob/Button Mode" to make it a button
    • Right-click again on that button
    • Select "Enable Hold Mode"
    • Right-click again on that button
    • Select "Learn MIDI Control"
    • Hit the button on your midi controller you want to use for tap tempo
    • Assign the Macro Button you just configured to the Tap tempo parameter of the component you want to control (e.g. the Psyche Delay) or the Tap tempo on the Metronome (if you want to set the global tempo) by dragging the number that is next to the Macro Button on top of that Tap tempo parameter.

Now you should be able to tap the tempo with your midi controller.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further question.

That idea with the tempo detection from the guitar signal is a really good one. We might look into this at some point, but no promises. Thank you for the suggestion.

• fpichon
    Options

Thank you very much Eddie for your Help... But doesn't work better than assign my button directly to Tap Metronome button.... The "off" tap still remain unefficient...

To inspire you and developpe a tempo detection button, I got the idea from the TC electronic pedal "Alter Ego" and it's "Audio-taping feature"

Thank's again ! Still searching... (That's life... and plaisant !)

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod
    Options

That is odd. What kind of midi footswitch are you using? Did you make sure to use enable the Hold Mode on the Macro button?