Feature requests: Amp Env Decay as modulation target, sample trigger delay

Options
qzirrel
qzirrel Member Posts: 14 Member
edited March 2022 in Battery 4

Hi, two small feature requests that would add a lot more value to Battery for me:

First, make a cell's AMP envelope parameters available as a modulation target for modulation by the LFOs. In particular, I'd love to be able to modulate the AMP Decay of a Hihat with a free-running LFO to add some movement.

So far the AMP envelope parameters can be selected as targets in the Mod Matrix, but only for sources such as Velocity, Aftertouch etc.. As a workaround, it is possible to automate AMP decay through my DAW, but it would be much nicer if I can realize this aspect of sound design as a built-in property of a Battery Kit.

Second, sample trigger delay: When I layer samples (by assigning multiple cells to the same Midi key), it would be great if I could add a trigger delay to one of the cells to get a kind of flam effect. I looked through the articulation options, some of which achieve a similar effect, but there does not seem to be an option that will have the note delayed by an adjustable amount of milliseconds. Again, there are possible workarounds, but it would be nicer to have a straightforward way of doing this.

Any chance this will be noticed and picked up by the dev team if I post it here? Any feedback is welcome :-).

(And by the way, there are competing products that can do this, but I am hesitant to abandon Battery and buy something new just for these very small features...)