Importing favorite (color) tags from Guitar Rig 6 to 7?

Options
Ruediger Kinast
Ruediger Kinast Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi,

I upgraded from Guitar Rig 6 to 7 and all my favorited tags are gone (color dots). Is there a way to bring them into 7? I still have version 6 installed but want to uninstall it.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Eddie_NI
    Eddie_NI Product Team Posts: 357 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately you can not import the color tags for factory presets from Guitar Rig 6 into Guitar Rig 7. This only works for user presets where the color tag is saved as part of the preset.

This is definitely very unfortunate for everybody who has spent time tagging all their favorite factory presets in Guitar Rig 6. We'll look into it to see if there is some way to make this work.

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,942 Guru
    Options

Hmm...maybe this advice can help you:

Click on the three dots besides the Guitar Rig logo, then click on the File, then Preferences, then Library, and then click Import Guitar Rig 6 user presets.

Let me know if it helped.

• Ruediger Kinast
    Options

Thanks for your answer. I tried that but it did not import the color tags unfortunately. I assume they are stored somewhere separately from the presets themselves.

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,942 Guru
    Options

Propably.

Hope your issue gets solved soon, good sir!

• Eddie_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately you can not import the color tags for factory presets from Guitar Rig 6 into Guitar Rig 7. This only works for user presets where the color tag is saved as part of the preset.

This is definitely very unfortunate for everybody who has spent time tagging all their favorite factory presets in Guitar Rig 6. We'll look into it to see if there is some way to make this work.

• Ruediger Kinast
    Options

@Eddie_NI Thanks for letting me know. It would be great if this could be figured out. I guess another scenario where this is a problem is when someone switches computers. I'm not sure I'll use the tags anymore now that I know with the next version I'd have to do it all over again. Thanks again for your response.

• Eddie_NI
    Options

If you switch computers and use the same version of Guitar Rig then you can just copy over your database file and move your color tags this way from one computer to another. But across operating systems and across Guitar Rig versions this is sadly not yet possible.

• ThomasK
    ThomasK Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Is there any news on this topic? Would be highly appreciated to make copying the colored favorites to new version available.