Anyone else experiencing crashes when opening and closing Kontakt 7 in Reaper 7?

Options
blumpy
blumpy Member Posts: 3 Member

I'm experiencing an issue which is unique to Kontakt on my DAW. I'm running reaper 7 on the latest build windows OS 10 and I'm experiencing frequent crashes when opening and closing kontakt windows. It seems to happen more often during playback but also when stopped. Just click on kontakt 7 and the window will look like it's going to open and crash. Happens 1 out of 6 times I'd estimate. Any ideas?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• blumpy
    Answer ✓
    Options

I discovered the issue on my end. For some reason kontakt 7’s multiple processor support was set to “** *” I changed the setting and it runs as expected.

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,930 Guru
    Options

I had the same issue when I used K6 year ago.

The best alternative solution I can provide is to minimize and maximize Kontakt tabs instead of closing them (you know, the _ and □ button instead of X on the top right corner of each tab).

Let me know if it worked.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

Is everything working as expected in standalone? Have you tried these steps? Kontakt Crashes

Can you check which libraries are being used when iy crashes/when it doesn't?

• Steve B52
    Steve B52 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I had the same issue. I fixed it by running KK in bridged mode. Right click on Komplete Kontrol in your VST3i list and choose "Run as" - Dedicated process. Everything is running fine now. Hope this helps you.

• blumpy
    Answer ✓
    Options

I discovered the issue on my end. For some reason kontakt 7’s multiple processor support was set to “** *” I changed the setting and it runs as expected.

• karsai
    karsai Member Posts: 50 Member
    Options

I have issues since Kontakt 7.8. update

In several player instrument Deft lines and cloud supply for example. Loads (I use as dedicated process).

After 1 second the reaper crash and leave the screen. After 1 second the fx window where the instrument is also crash and disappear.

This happens every time. Other nonplayer instruments are fine and these same instruments are working on the standalone version of Kontakt

Please help. I was reading similar stuff happens in other daw and I saw no solutions. I did all setupes mentioned above and nothing helps.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,791 mod
    edited February 23
    Options

You probably should open a thread of your own and include all relevant information including computer type , OS version, Kontakt versions and version of DAW and anything else that you can think of that might be of importance !

Otherwise then dedicated Kontakt support is here :   https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/sections/360000092857