Electric Sunburst Soundalike

Options
manassas77
manassas77 Member Posts: 13 Member

Hi. I'm trying to get a sound out of Guitar Rig 7 similar to the 'Rock' settings in Electric Sunburst Session Player ... that 'clean distorted' sound if you know what I mean?

I can get near to the sound with a combination of dual amps etc. but I always end up with something that sounds a bit underpowered and thin, or the distortion starts to break up if I overcook it.

I'm playing a 2016 Les Paul Heritage with 57 and 57+ pickups.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Best Answer

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,941 Guru
    Options

Can you screenshot the clean distorted settings from Sunbirst tab?

• manassas77
    Options

This is the basic out of the box sound I'm trying to emulate - vanilla settings.

• Milos
    Options

Hmm...I have couple of ideas.

If you mean that you want to copy the effects from Sunburst into GR, just go to Amps and FX, see which effects and settings of the effects are, and then just copy them manually, just like copying the answers from a test during class!

But if you mean that you want to literally replicate the tone, I recommend doing this:

First, turn off all the effects from Amps and FX and then play the pattern to see how it sounds when the Sunburst guitar is clean, then with your pickups on your real guitar, try to mimic that clean tone, and then copy the effects from the Amps and FX to GR and jam!

Hope these ideas can be of use!

Let me know if these helped.

• Milos
    Options

If you need more ideas, just let me know.

• manassas77
    Options

Great answers my friend! I'm going to give your suggestions a run this afternoon, and I may well come back to you if I am still struggling 😉

Cheers.

• Milos
    Answer ✓
    Options

Cheers, sir!

• manassas77
    Options

Got it! Followed your suggestions on breaking down the settings in Session Guitarist and emulating them in GR and hey presto a really tight crunch without the nasty overdrive artifacts. Thanks once again!