Kontrol S61 MK3 launching Controller Setup in Logic Pro X

Options
JoyB
JoyB Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi there -

I am new here and sorry in advance if I have posted in the wrong place. I was not able to find this anywhere.

• Mac M1 MacOS 13.6.3 (22G436)
  • Logic Pro 10.8.1

When I hit the key E4 on the keyboard with the default octave setting in place - it launches the Controller setup in Logic Pro X. If I shift the octave the issue moves with it

• Tested it outside of Logic using the Standalone versions of Kontakt 7, Komplete Kontrol and Ableton Live - with no issues.
  • I have reset Logic to default, deleted the controller and had it re-detect the S61 same issue.

It is definitely a Logic issue but wondering if anyone might have a suggestions.

Thanks!

JoyB

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JoyB
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

UPDATE: Jeremy thanks for giving me a clue on what could be done

For me I needed to delete the following 2 files

• Macintosh HD/Users/User name/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic10.plist
    • Macintosh HD/Users/User name/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs

Do a proper shutdown (not restart)

Set things up as you normally would and voila issue resolved!

Hopefully this can help someone else!

Thanks again Jeremy!

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,760 mod
    Options

Have you tried deleting the Logic plist?

You can find it here:

Macintiosh HD/Users/User name/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic10.plist

Note: the User Library folder is hidden. To access it, click on Go in the menu bar and press down the Alt key. You'll now find the Library entry in the menu:

• JoyB
    Options

Thanks so much Jeremy - after removal of the plist file I am getting an error message now -

Logic Pro

Command not available because the focused view does not support this command.

• JoyB
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

UPDATE: Jeremy thanks for giving me a clue on what could be done

For me I needed to delete the following 2 files

• Macintosh HD/Users/User name/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic10.plist
    • Macintosh HD/Users/User name/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.cs

Do a proper shutdown (not restart)

Set things up as you normally would and voila issue resolved!

Hopefully this can help someone else!

Thanks again Jeremy!

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@JoyB thanks for the update, super useful information!

• josefy232
    josefy232 Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
    Options

Bonjour, si vous permettez de m’aider à résoudre mon problème de mk3 s61 je viens de l’acheter , pour l’instant la seul chose que j’ai fait ces relier mon clavier avec logic avec midi studio il marche très bien mais le button DAW du clavier n’ai pas relié avec logic , si clique sur le button DAW il y juste un écran noir et je peux pas voir le mixage sur le clavier est-ce c’est a cause du sonoma 14.4 ? Ou je dois résoudre un autre problème ? 

• josefy232
    Options

Hello, if you don't mind helping me solve my MK3 S61 issue, I just bought it. So far, the only thing I've done is connect my keyboard to Logic using MIDI Studio, and it works very well. However, the DAW button on the keyboard is not connected to Logic. When I click on the DAW button, there's just a black screen, and I can't see the mixing on the keyboard. Is this because of Sonoma 14.4? Or do I need to solve another problem?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@josefy232 Have you installed all the necssary software, like Komplete Kontrol, the Hardware Connection Service? Have you followed all these steps? How to set up your Kontrol S-Series MK3

• josefy232
    Options

@Jeremy_NI At first, it works, then it almost freezes all applications like Logic Pro, MIDI Studio, Komplete Kontrol, and I have to restart the Mac. When I open Logic Pro again, I have no sound. Then it freezes once?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@josefy232 What kind of processor do you have? M1/M2/M3, Max, Pro, Ultra?

• josefy232
    Options

@josefy232 mac M1 , sonoma 14.4.1

• josefy232
    Options

@Jeremy_NI mac m1 , sonoma 14.4.1

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Please make sure you update Kontakt to Kontakt 7.10.1 in Native Access.

There is a known issue when using Kontakt 7 in Logic with the keyboard connected. The workaround is to use the Komplete Kontrol plug-in instead.

If you open Komplete Kontrol in standalone, is everything working as expected and loading normally?

• josefy232
    Options

@Jeremy_NI The problem is not with Kontakt; the issue is with Logic Pro, Komplete Kontrol, MIDI Studio, and all applications linked with the MK3. They start to freeze. I have tried several methods. Sometimes when I restart the Mac without turning on the MK3, everything works fine. However, once I turn on the mk3 , rarely does it work normally. But once I exit Logic or Komplete Kontrol and reopen them, everything is frozen.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

So, just to be 100% sure, if the keyboard is not connected you don't have performance issues with Logic at all?

Do Logic, Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol all have full disk access? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Is the keyboard set to MIDI 1.0? If not change it on the keyboard itself in the hardware settings: 

On Mac there is an additional step: 

• Select MIDI 1.0
    • Power the keyboard off
    • Go to your mac's Audi & MIDI setup, found in Applications -> Utilities
    • Delete the entry for Komplete KontrolMK3 by clicking the entry and using the delete key on your computer keyboard

Power the keyboard on again. 

Do you still have issues after these steps?