How to Implement Komplete Kontrol into Battery 4

Options
KingKonga
KingKonga Member Posts: 40 Member

I want to use my knobs and buttons on my S88 Mk1 to control Battery 4. I looked in my Battery 4 manual and there's nothing about that. Where do I go?

Thanks,

KK

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,805 mod
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

NI never added a control template for Battery because each cell has its own knob positions - a full mapping could potentially add dozens of user pages and each kit can have a different number of cells which makes it even more complicated. You can right click on each knob to add it to a custom automation list, then map those to knobs in KK using learn in the plugin param editor view if you need specific controls for a kit but there is no way to really make one mapping to rule them all

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,837 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@KingKonga What version of Komplete Kontrol have you installed? Do you want to assign Battery controls in Komplete Kontrol? Simply in Battery in standalone?

If it's in the Komplete Kontrol plug-in, you can do it this way:

Since you have a MK1 keyboard, you probably on on 2.9.6 and the GUI in Komplete Kontrol is slightly different but principle is the same.

If it's in your DAW or Battery in standalone, you should put the keyboard in MIDI mode and then MIDI learn the controls.

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,805 mod
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

NI never added a control template for Battery because each cell has its own knob positions - a full mapping could potentially add dozens of user pages and each kit can have a different number of cells which makes it even more complicated. You can right click on each knob to add it to a custom automation list, then map those to knobs in KK using learn in the plugin param editor view if you need specific controls for a kit but there is no way to really make one mapping to rule them all

• KingKonga
    Options

Thanks Kymeia,

I tried that. Rt. clicking on ea. knob to add automation, but it never let me assign any knobs.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,837 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@KingKonga What version of Komplete Kontrol have you installed? Do you want to assign Battery controls in Komplete Kontrol? Simply in Battery in standalone?

If it's in the Komplete Kontrol plug-in, you can do it this way:

Since you have a MK1 keyboard, you probably on on 2.9.6 and the GUI in Komplete Kontrol is slightly different but principle is the same.

If it's in your DAW or Battery in standalone, you should put the keyboard in MIDI mode and then MIDI learn the controls.

• KingKonga
    edited December 2023
    Options

OK. I'm using ver. 3.0.3 INSIDE SO6 DAW. I've been working on this for about 2 hrs and I'm able to assign parameters to all the knobs just as you did just fine....BUT ONLY ON PAGE 1! Once I go to Pg 2 and try to assign parameters from the other tabs in Bat 4, it erases all the other assignments from Pg. 1. Even when the little blue knob beside the lock in the far right top corner is on, and I've saved the Preset in Bat4. What am I missing? THANKS AGAIN!