Spitfire Library not showing in Kontakt

Options
StickMcFly
StickMcFly Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi, I have the strange situation, that I have bought Spitfire Chamber Strings Essentials, downloaded it through Spitfire's software and added the serial number of the product in Native Access. I also appears as a library in Native Access, yet does not appear in the list of Kontakt Libraries.

If I search for a preset of Spitfire Chamber Strings Essentials, it appears in the Kontakt Player Browser, I can load the instrument and it works fine. But it still bugs me, that it's not listed in the library list. It's even listed in the options window under "libraries". The other Spitfire library I installed using the same paths installation paths shows up in the Kontakt Player library list.

I guess it's not too bad, since I can still use the library with the work around I described, but would still appreciate if anyone know how to set it up correctly. I have already tried doing the steps described here:

Thanks, Cheers

Answers

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,941 Guru
    Options

Honestly, it is best to just leave it at that if you have no major issues aand no bugs with it.

If you did have them, you could just load them through the Files section (Rack View needed) and then search for the library inside the Spitfire file.

But again, if you have no issues with the instrument appearing in the newer Library mode, then it is all good!

Have a nice day, sir!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

@StickMcFly Please try to reset Kontakt's database:

Reinitialize the Kontakt Database

1. Click the Windows start button at the bottom left of your screen.
    2. Type "%localappdata%" and click the option that appears.
    3. Navigate to the Native Instruments folder.
    4. Then, depending on the KONTAKT version you are using, delete the following folder:
    5. KONTAKT 5: "Kontakt 5"
    6. KONTAKT 6: "Kontakt"
    7. KONTAKT 7: "Kontakt 7"
    8. Start Kontakt in standalone mode

Also make sure to run Kontakt as admin: How to Run a Program as an Administrator