Problem adding Audio Ollie Libraries to Kontakt 7

Options
Ralf Rottmann
Ralf Rottmann Member Posts: 12 Member

Using Kontakt 7 (7.7.2) on the latest macOS Sonoma. Just downloaded and installed some Audio Ollie libraries via Pulse. However, when I try to add those libraries to Kontakt 7, they don't show up.

I've added a screen recording. Basically what I do:

• Click the cogwheel icon in the new libraries browser.
  • On the Custom Libraries tab check "Import subfolders as individual libraries".
  • Click on "Add".
  • Select the root folder where the Audio Ollie libraries are located as subfolders.
  • The libraries show up correctly in the dialog box.
  • Click "Close".

However, the libraries do not show up in the browser, nor can I e.g. filter by vendor "Audio Ollie".

What am I doing wrong?

Sidenote: In most of the Kontakt 7 tutorials, there are icons in the top menu, whereas my Kontakt 7 shows the words "FILE", "LIBRARY" and "VIEW". Why is that?

Unfortunately, I cannot link to the screen recording since apparently I haven't been here long enough...

Tagged:

Best Answer

• myabrownn
    myabrownn Member Posts: 8 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I encountered a similar issue when I first started using Kontakt 7. After installing some Audio Ollie libraries, I was unable to see them in the Kontakt browser. I tried various methods, including importing subfolders as individual libraries, but nothing seemed to work.

After some research, I discovered that the issue was caused by the way Audio Ollie organizes its libraries. Unlike other library providers, Audio Ollie stores its libraries within subfolders instead of individual .nkf files. This can cause confusion when trying to import the libraries into Kontakt 7.

To resolve this issue, you need to create a symbolic link to the Audio Ollie libraries folder. This will trick Kontakt 7 into thinking that the libraries are individual .nkf files.

Here's how to do it:

Open a Terminal window.

Navigate to the root folder where the Audio Ollie libraries are located.

Use the following command to create a symbolic link:

ln -s . AudioOllieLibraries

This will create a symbolic link named "AudioOllieLibraries" that points to the current folder.

Open Kontakt 7.

Click the cogwheel icon in the new libraries browser.

On the Custom Libraries tab, make sure "Import subfolders as individual libraries" is checked.

Click on "Add".

Select the "AudioOllieLibraries" symbolic link that you created.

The libraries should now show up in the browser.

Answers

• myabrownn
    myabrownn Member Posts: 8 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I encountered a similar issue when I first started using Kontakt 7. After installing some Audio Ollie libraries, I was unable to see them in the Kontakt browser. I tried various methods, including importing subfolders as individual libraries, but nothing seemed to work.

After some research, I discovered that the issue was caused by the way Audio Ollie organizes its libraries. Unlike other library providers, Audio Ollie stores its libraries within subfolders instead of individual .nkf files. This can cause confusion when trying to import the libraries into Kontakt 7.

To resolve this issue, you need to create a symbolic link to the Audio Ollie libraries folder. This will trick Kontakt 7 into thinking that the libraries are individual .nkf files.

Here's how to do it:

Open a Terminal window.

Navigate to the root folder where the Audio Ollie libraries are located.

Use the following command to create a symbolic link:

ln -s . AudioOllieLibraries

This will create a symbolic link named "AudioOllieLibraries" that points to the current folder.

Open Kontakt 7.

Click the cogwheel icon in the new libraries browser.

On the Custom Libraries tab, make sure "Import subfolders as individual libraries" is checked.

Click on "Add".

Select the "AudioOllieLibraries" symbolic link that you created.

The libraries should now show up in the browser.

• Ralf Rottmann
    Options

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Unfortunately, this didn't resolve the issue. Some libraries do show up but those are the exact same ones, that show up when I just select the Audio Ollie libraries root folder. So the symbolic link didn't seem to have changed the behavior.

I might open up a support ticket with Audio Ollie. This is way more painful than it's supposed to be.

Did you already see my other question? In most of the Kontakt 7 tutorials, the top most navigation comprises of some icons, while my versions has the literal words "FILE" "LIBRARY" and "VIEW" there. Did NI change the UI or am I missing anything?

• Ralf Rottmann
    Options

Just saw, that the header navigation did in fact change. It's in NIs release notes. So that "mystery" has been resolved. Still having tons of difficulties adding Audio Ollie libraries. I guess, some of the content that came with their Complete Bundle might be pretty old and hence not 100% compatible with Kontakt 7. I'm investigating further but would have appreciated, if Audio Ollie would have some help on their website.