Komplete Kontrol iPad Pro

Options
billrowen
billrowen Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited November 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

While I'm eternally grateful that PianoTeq released a fully compliant version for the iPad, I'm frustrated that I am browsing the internet and YouTube looking for other iPad instruments when everything *I already own* is in Native Instruments and Komplete Kontrol in my M2 Mac.

All I really need for live is Grandeur and Vintage Organs. I have an S88 keyboard and I'd add an S49 for the organ. Any rumblings or rumors? Or should I just keep shopping?

Comments

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,288 Guru
    Options

It would be an awesome thing for sure..

But no rumblings or rumors, so it's not something to expect to happen IMO.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    Options

Yes iPad Kontrol would be great to have but NI seem to have shown very little interest in the iOS ecosystem

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,795 Expert
    Options

If Apple does it right and unifies all their OSes into one, one will be able to run Kontakt on iPad.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,602 admin
    Options

Unfortunately no plans to port our products to iOS at the moment folks...

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    Options

You might not need to port anything the way iOS and MacOs are unifying, already I can run some plugins from my iPad on my Mac, how long before we can do things in the other direction only Apple can say but I would not be surprised to see this happen at some point. The M series chips are identical architecturally between iPad Pro and Mac.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,288 Guru
    Options

Thanks for the clarity on the current status of on this.

Will be interesting to see how the whole overlap of code plays out in the years ahead... the lines will blur.

Jumping in to work on an ongoing creative project with whatever device is handy in your fluid "workspace" will just get better and better.

Fantasyland: Sometime at 3am I wish I could just stay in bed with my eyes closed and have my fleeting thoughts actually contribute to a current project. Better than just counting sheep...