Massive X 1.4.4 not working on Apple silicon M1?

Options
palmerama
palmerama Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi All, Whenever I try to load Massive X presets through Komplete Kontrol, I get error message saying:

"Massive X could not be loaded, as it may not be supported yet on Apple Silicon..."

I can load Massive X to my DAW, but not through Komplete Kontrol. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• SeamusN
    SeamusN Member Posts: 1 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I was having the same issue with Massive X and some Arturia plugins. I was able to fix the issue by opening up the Komplete Kontrol standalone program and let it load those plugins automatically on launch. Then reopen my daw (Ableton) and load up Kontrol.

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

It sounds like maybe you have an old version in your plugins folder, it's definitely supported on M1. Ensure you have the box checked in Preferences/plugins "Always use the latest version of NI plugins' and also check if there is an old version of the VST2 in your plugins folder (it should just use the VST3 now)

• palmerama
    Options

Thanks for your suggestion, but this is a fresh install of Komplete Standard 14, with no previous/old versions of Massive X. It works stand alone, just not when I try to load presets through Komplete Kontrol in Ableton, this is when the error message is shown. Have tried reinstalling Massive X, same result.. :(

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    Options

Are you using the VST3 versions?

• palmerama
    edited November 2023
    Options

Yes - using the VST3 version of Komplete Kontrol, and selecting Massive X. Chosing a preset gives the error message.

• SeamusN
    SeamusN Member Posts: 1 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I was having the same issue with Massive X and some Arturia plugins. I was able to fix the issue by opening up the Komplete Kontrol standalone program and let it load those plugins automatically on launch. Then reopen my daw (Ableton) and load up Kontrol.